MySql DB connection not working with new Katalon version 7.5.5

I use an older version of Katalon 6.3.3 and I updated it to the newer version 7.5.5. Since this update has been made I can no longer connect with read and write access rights and I can only connect with read only access rights. My DB user already has read and write access rights and I can access the DB in this way from the older version of Katalon, and also from the MySql Workbench.
I can continue my job, but my performance is lower than expected.
Operating System
Windows 10

Katalon Studio Version 7.5.5

This is the error that I get:
com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure

The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received any packets from the server.

Below is MySQL read and write connection which doesn’t work with Katalon 7.5.5

image_2020_07_08T08_31_39_139Z

Below is MySQL read only connection which does work with Katalon 7.5.5

image_2020_07_08T08_31_15_854Z

Hello,

Any news on this issue? I have a new colleague since yesterday and he cannot activate the same older version of Katalon(where this issue is not present) that I use, because of the company’s policy. We tried the new Katalon version which he can activate but this issue is still present. Can you please provide a workaround till this issue is fixed? Or if more information is required regarding this bug, please let me know.

Thank you,
Kind Regards,
Dorin

@dorin.doroftei

Just change the host name to the database IP address.

Similar issue: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2983248/com-mysql-jdbc-exceptions-jdbc4-communicationsexception-communications-link-fai#answer-22348666

Already tried and it doesn’t work. Thanks for your reply

Just an update:
I know for certain that this issue appeared with the release of Katalon version 7.0.0.
I saw that with the release of version 7.0.0, improvement Support MySQL Database version 8.0.17 was added. Our DB version is 5.6, but I guess it should also be supported even if it’s older than 8.
I’ve set up the mySql connection for our DB from java(IntlJ) with mysql-connector-java-8.0.11 and it worked.
I tried the same thing adding mysql-connector-java-8.0.11 also with the Katalon 7 version and am getting up the same error. And with the IP instead of host name, didn’t work.