Multiple projects open at the same time

I think it would be useful to be able to open two projects at the same time.
That way you can copy objects from other project’s object repository. Also, you can look at the test cases from another project.

19 Likes

Mate Mrse said:

I think it would be useful to be able to open two projects at the same time.
That way you can copy objects from other project’s object repository. Also, you can look at the test cases from another project.

Hi Mate,

Thank you for your feedback. Katalon Studio doesn’t support that capability yet. The team might consider having import test artifacts feature in the future. I will share your suggestion in the team meeting.

In the meantime, you can copy objects manually from the Object Repository folder on your local drive.

Thank you for choosing Katalon Studio,
Liam

7 Likes

+1 for this

6 Likes

I agree to this, its a very handy feature when people want to copy stuff from existing project to new one

13 Likes

Yes i hope the team can implement that in a near future !!!

5 Likes

I am in a company where several users are seeing the benefits of the tool and we are trying to merge our “code” into the same repo…Painfull because of all those UUID used for tagging/indexing objects. Cannot open multiple projects and drag drop, copying folders directly does not help much. Unless ALL the teams are starting at the same time using Katalon,but this is not the case since most of compagnies are attached so much to Selenium that it is not possible to perform an overnight shift.

2 Likes

+1000 very important to me

2 Likes

Any update on this enhancement.

1 Like

Hi guys , Any news about this? Thanks

Hi guys, any updates about this feature?

1 Like

We’d like to have this option!

Hello, I’ve found a way to open different instances.
Try open the app through the terminal
open -a “Katalon Studio”

1 Like

Not working for me. Only window already opened pops up. How did you managed to get it done?

Hello,
Here is a way to open several instances of Katalon:
1- Open Katalon and open an existing project.
2- Navigate to the Katalon studio folder.
3- Right click on Katalon.exe and click “Run as administrator”
4- A new Katalon instance is started. Open another project.
5- Repeat step 3 and 4 to open as many instances/projects as needed.

1 Like

Is it working for anyone?

Hi @neha.arora ,

For Mac OS

Go to Application > Katalon Studio> Right Click> Duplicate > Launch new KS and open your new project
Hope this works

Thanks,
rs

2 Likes

This works! :clap:

thank you for sharing, it works !!!