Copy/Duplicate Test Cases into Another Katalon Project

Hello,

Is there a way to copy over test cases from one project into another? I have a test framework that I would like to make copies of to modify for different deliverables.

If there is not a way to do this currently I would love to see this implemented in the future!

Thank you,

Tyler P.

Hey @5243-Tyler,

Follow below Steps to copy/duplicate test cases

1. Close Katalon instance

2. Copy required tests from /Test Cases/ folder to desired destination( e.g TestCase1.tc copied)

3. Go to Scirpts folder

4. Copy required test case folders to desired destination (above e.g - ‘TestCase1’ folder should be copied)

5. CRITICAL: Manually check objects used in test case and copy those objects from ‘Object Repository’ folder

6. Open Katalon from Destination and check your test cases are populated under ‘Test Case’

2 Likes

Hey @5274-Rudra ,

This was a great help, thank you so much!

I know the Katalon team has implemented an import feature for keyword packages already. I think it would be great to see it for test cases & objects as well down the road. In the meantime this is a sufficient method for me!

Katalon has made moving projects very simple.

Just copy the whole project folder of you test cases and paste it in new path of project folders and open it using Katalon Studio.

E.g. If your PC1 project path is this:

C:\Users\batmanforever\Katalon Studio\Project Folder - Copy this

Paste Here:

C:\Users\thedarkknight\Katalon Studio\Project Folder

Katalon has made moving projects very simple.

Just copy the whole project folder of you test cases and paste it in new path of project folders and open it using Katalon Studio.

E.g. If your PC1 project path is this:

C:\Users\batmanforever\Katalon Studio\Project Folder - Copy this

Paste Here:

C:\Users\batmanforever\Katalon Studio\Project Folder

There is an alternate easier way:

1- go to katalon studio folder ( usually under C:\users\username\katalon studio
2- select your whole project folder , right click , Copy
3- right click on katalon studio folder anywhere and paste. ( a copy of your project folder would be pasted)
4- rename it, relaunch katalon and open that project.

we can close this thread now.

Followed the steps from above but when I relaunched the Katalon copied folder is not found

Please dont mind this comment I already figured it out. Thanks :grinning:

Open two instances of Katalon. Drag and drop. Works for objects, tests cases and so on.