Manage Test Project

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://docs.katalon.com/katalon-studio/docs/manage-test-project.html

IS there a way to covert your Mobile Project into a Generic Project?

1 Like

Can I convet a WebUI project to a Web Service project?

Why if i create repository on Bitbucket and i try clone by Katalon always said unable because repo is empty.

Hi There - Does please can you confirm if Katalon can run projects from file/network share locations? Currently I cannot run any project test cases unless they are locally stored.

Thank you kindly for your assistance in advance.

-Max
Fresh Katalon Subscription

Indeed, where can we find this option? It will be rather useful for this.

Hi @ricardoornello

In your project folder, open the yourProject.prj file. There in the file somewhere you would see something like

<type>MOBILE</type>

change it to

<type>GENERIC</type>

and your project would become a generic project.

Cheers !

1 Like

Thanks a lot for detailed description!

1 Like

Thank you for the above but I’m still getting the error

Elapsed time: 24.165s

Test Cases/iLoan FAILED.
Reason:
com.kms.katalon.core.exception.StepFailedException: No driver found
at com.kms.katalon.core.mobile.helper.MobileScreenCaptor.getAnyAppiumDriver(MobileScreenCaptor.java:64)
at com.kms.katalon.core.mobile.helper.MobileScreenCaptor.take(MobileScreenCaptor.java:31)
at com.kms.katalon.core.helper.screenshot.ScreenCaptor.takeScreenshotAndGetAttributes(ScreenCaptor.java:37)

Hi @radhika

Did you follow the proper set up for Appium installation:

Cheers !

Hi, I have a slider object on web page. Can you please let me know which keyword to use for the slider object.

Hi Team,
Scenario: Run Multiple Projects at one time
I have multiple projects for different features which I thought of running at one shot.
Using Command-line, tried with an individual project.

I would be glad for all, waiting for the prompt response.

Thanks in Advance

Thank you for such a valuable information. I was looking for detailed explanation. Really appreciate your replies!

Do you mean this feature?

There’s API, Web and Mobile, But where’s the Desktop project?

1 Like

I have the same doubts. Don’t know if you have solved them now?

1 Like

The same question about Desktop project

java.lang.InterruptedException: System could not generate internal.GlobalVariable file normally. Please check your writable permission in folder: C:\Users\Admin\Katalon Studio\automation-Katalon-WebAutomation.
at com.kms.katalon.controller.GlobalVariableController.waitForGlobalVariableClassFileAvailable(GlobalVariableController.java:82)
at com.kms.katalon.controller.GlobalVariableController.generateGlobalVariableLibFile(GlobalVariableController.java:67)
at com.kms.katalon.controller.ProjectController.openProjectForUI(ProjectController.java:127)
at com.kms.katalon.composer.project.handlers.OpenProjectHandler$1.run(OpenProjectHandler.java:166)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:122)
getting above error…

Where do I install Appium as npm install -g appium did not work.

Hey there! If you’re looking to manage a test project and want to convert your mobile project into a generic one, you may want to consider using a project management tool that can handle both types of projects. Have you considered using a CRM and project management combined tool? This type of software can often handle a wide variety of project types and can make it easier to manage and organize your work. It might be worth checking out some options to see if they fit your needs. Good luck with your project!