This is Part 1 of our Demo & Integration series. Read the second part here: [Demo & Integration] Canvas Automation with Katalon
Hi Community members,
Following the launch of the Katalon Demo & Integration section on Katalon Academy, we will also be posting a series of accompanying topics to give you more context as well as the sample project used in each video.
Today we will be taking a look at the video TestProject Migration to Katalon.
Note: Please note that the video will be opened in a new tab.
This project demonstrates how you can import and use your existing TestProject-based projects within Katalon Studio. It contains some of the test cases for Web Mobile and API test migration.
- Katalon Studio version 7.4.0 and onwards.
- TestProject sample Project
- Basic understanding of Junit and TestNG.
- Junit/TestNG plugin.
TestProject is an end-to-end automation tool that provides capabilities to automate Web, API, and Mobile applications. It is an open-source-friendly tool built on top of selenium and Appium. TestProject uses OpenSDK with Junit 5 for the building and execution of the test cases.
- Download a TestProject sample project
- Import all the required jars(build.gradle) Here
- Add all your project files inside Include >> Script >> groovy
- You have to fix all the errors
Change Junit 5 annotation to TestNG/Junit 4. (Katalon Studio does not support Junit 5 for now).
@BeforeAll >> @BeforeClass
@AfterAll >> @AfterClass
- Add @Test Annotation before the method “void execute()”
Initialise Katalon Webdriver inside the @BeforeClass.
For Web based application:
WebUiBuiltInKeywords.openBrowser(""); WebUiBuiltInKeywords.maximizeWindow(); driver = DriverFactory.getWebDriver();
String dirName = RunConfiguration.getProjectDir(): MobileBuiltInKeywords.startApplication(dirName+"/App/APIDemos.apk", false); driver = MobileDriverFactory.getDriver();
- Prepare TestNG.xml file by adding class name
- Prepare the test cases by adding TestNG or Junit Keywords
- Run the test execution Here
- Verify test execution result Here
Thanks for reading!