Log error messages no longer as detailed

In this latest update to Katalon, was something changed that modified the output of the console/log messages? When I would recieve a failure previously, there was a “reason” given usually. For example:

unable to check object 'Object Repository/ProjectReportScreen/ManageTab/input_ModifySubjectLabel' at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.internal.KeywordMain.stepFailed(KeywordMain.groovy:48)

Whereas before we’d get a “because”:

object was obscured by element html data-mask

or

object cannot be scrolled into view

The reason is no longer given. It was most helpful.

Anyone else see this?

2 Likes

Actually, I think you might be right. I was checking a message yesterday and thought “that looks odd” but got distracted and never got back to it.

I’ll take another look now… (okay, not now, soon as I can!)

(Meanwhile - any comment @devalex88?)

1 Like

Yes i have noticed this - the error logs seem to be less detailed - i get errors such as -

Test Cases/touchpoint examples/Further information config personal - HR - 9.1 FAILED.
Reason:
com.kms.katalon.core.exception.StepFailedException: Unable to click on object 'Object Repository/Further information config/Page_CIPHR Self Service 9.1.0/li_Date'
	at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.internal.KeywordMain.stepFailed(KeywordMain.groovy:48)
	at 

But its not actually telling me why it cant click when before this it would provide me with a reason. I never realised till i read your post

1 Like

@Alice @Loan_Tran Please take a look.

@Patrick_Clough and others - what are your previous versions?

5.4.2 (IIRC)

6.0.4 for me - some errors seem to be fine and consistent but theres definately something that doesnt look right.

Yep, that’s pretty much what I saw. Thanks. Saved me mocking it up.

1 Like

They certainly look tidier and easier to read. I guess whoever worked them over recently, dropped a line or two.

Yes i completely agree although i would rather a more complicated error with a reason for the fail than a shorter tidier error that causes me to spend hours troubleshooting because its too vague

1 Like

@devalex88 related?

1 Like

Moved to Bug Reports and closed. The point has been made, I think.

Thanks to @Patrick_Clough for the initial report and everyone for the confirmations.

And the re-opened…

@devalex88 @YoungNgo @Loan_Tran @Alice

Can we get some kind of commitment as to the proposed fixed time for this? It’s significantly downgraded the efficacy of test development for some people (me included). If it’s not possible within a week or so, I for one will be downgrading (for me that would mean 5.4.x to avoid the dreaded GlobalVars bug).

Thanks!

1 Like

Forgot to update: it has been fixed. We’ll ship a new 6.0.6 beta tomorrow (ICT). Thank you all for this report :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Woohoo! Thanks much.

Wait a day and watch for it here @Patrick_Clough:

http://forum.katalon.com/c/katalon-studio/katalon-studio-beta-release

(Closing again)