To meet the need for more competitive testing features, we have recently launched Katalon Store—a platform to apply and create plugins that extend the testing capability of Katalon Studio.
Join our webinar to learn how to utilize this platform:
TOP UP KATALON STUDIO: EXPLORE PLUGINS FOR BETTER TESTING EFFICIENCY
- When: Tuesday, March 19, 2019 | 1:00 PM (GMT+5:30)
- Duration: 1 hour
Our product expert will walk you through:
- Insights on Katalon Store and usage guidelines
- How to apply plugins to maximize the testing efficiency in Katalon Studio
- How to publish plugins and share custom keywords
- How to monetize plugins and meet the market demands in Katalon Store
Who should attend?
- Agile team members, QAs, and software developers
- Project managers, CTOs
- Anyone who wants to make the most use of Katalon Studio functionalities
Our team at Katalon would like to thank you for interest in the webinar: “Top up Katalon Studio - Explore Katalon plugins for better testing efficiency.” We hope you enjoyed the presentation.
If you were not able to join the event, worry not! You can still watch the presentation and slide deck again HERE.
Top questions from the audience:
- Where can I download the template for creating a plugin?
- If I want to upload my plugin, would it be free for other users or chargeable? or what makes the plugins chargeable?
Your plugins listed on Katalon Store can be free or paid, depends on your purposes and visions when listing plugins in Katalon Store.
To make the plugins chargeable, you should consider these following criteria:
- Development cost: whether there is any cost involved in the plugin development process.
- Value: whether your plugin brings valuable outcomes and meet the expectation of users.
In general, to uphold standards of quality and reliability that our users expect, all publicly listed plugins including both free and paid are subject to an approval process. Refer to this Plugin approval process for more details.
- How to package a custom keyword into a plugin?
Please refer to (How to develop Custom Keywords Plugins) for more detailed information on how to package custom keywords-as-plugins and sample project.
- What will be the approximate cost for the plugins in the future?
We are in the process of finalizing our plug-in price. It will be soon available next week. The price will be very affordable for all our users so stay tuned!
One last good news is that if you are a user that is currently joining our beta program, we will offer a 50% discount as we mentioned in the previous campaign.
- When I try to install any free plugin it doesn’t be installed in my list even it gave me installed sign in the browser
Please kindly check your Katalon version. If the plugin you installed is a custom keyword plugin, then you are required to upgrade your tool to version 6.1 or later.
- Also, Price for the plugin will be the 1-time amount or monthly/yearly subscription any idea?
Plugin prices will be charged as annual subscriptions. In addition, we will offer 2 kinds of license: For individual and for a team. The individual license cannot be transferred to another account. With team license, you can share licenses across team members as well as using with CLI/console mode.
Have any questions or feedback? Please let us know in the comment section below.
Thanks and see you at our upcoming activities!