Katalon Studio cant load or create Projects, if the path to Katalon Studio has a ü (and likely other special chars too)

The problem i mostly had, was that the Error Log pointed me in the wrong direction. I tried to troubleshoot the project and the folder / path it was in. However the problem was in the path the Studio
was in, since that had a “ü” in it, which made the error appear.
It also generated the globalVariable file, even though the Error said it couldn’t. Quick Fix would probaply be to adjust the error message, though i think it would be benefical to have Katalon Studio beeing able to run from any OS supported path.

Please let us know what you are using Katalon Studio for?

1. I have currently applied Katalon Studio in my project

How would your work be affected if this issue has not been resolved?

1. It doesn’t affect much, but I believe Katalon team should have this ticket resolved
    (though keep in mind it took me a few hours to troubleshoot this, which made me completly unable to work in the meantime)

Operating System

Windows 10

Katalon Studio Version

Katalon Studio logs

!ENTRY org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench 4 0 2020-12-14 12:33:24.826
!MESSAGE
!STACK 0
java.lang.InterruptedException: System could not generate internal.GlobalVariable file normally. Please check your writable permission in folder: C:\Test\Test.
at com.kms.katalon.controller.GlobalVariableController.waitForGlobalVariableClassFileAvailable(GlobalVariableController.java:82)
at com.kms.katalon.controller.GlobalVariableController.generateGlobalVariableLibFile(GlobalVariableController.java:67)
at com.kms.katalon.controller.ProjectController.openProjectForUI(ProjectController.java:131)
at com.kms.katalon.composer.project.handlers.OpenProjectHandler$1.run(OpenProjectHandler.java:166)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:119)

Screenshots / Videos

Hi @JanKuehn

Thank you for your report and apologize for the inconvenience, we will look into this issue and let you know !

same problem in me windwos 11 pro

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.