Katalon Runtime Engine errors when trying to update web driver

Using Katalon Runtime Engine (ver. 8.2.0) I seem to be getting the below error occur intermittently when first running a test suite collection. The issue seems to be when attempting to update the web drivers (I have this set to update automatically as part of the command line statement):

java.io.IOException: Process Timeout
at com.kms.katalon.execution.webui.configuration.WebDriverManagerRunConfiguration.downloadDriver(WebDriverManagerRunConfiguration.java:85)
at com.kms.katalon.execution.webui.configuration.HeadlessRunConfiguration.buildChromeDriverPath(HeadlessRunConfiguration.java:39)
at com.kms.katalon.execution.webui.configuration.HeadlessRunConfiguration.(HeadlessRunConfiguration.java:28)
at com.kms.katalon.execution.webui.configuration.contributor.HeadlessRunConfigurationContributor.getRunConfiguration(HeadlessRunConfigurationContributor.java:19)
at com.kms.katalon.execution.configuration.contributor.IRunConfigurationContributor.getRunConfiguration(IRunConfigurationContributor.java:74)
at com.kms.katalon.execution.collector.RunConfigurationCollector.getRunConfiguration(RunConfigurationCollector.java:121)
at com.kms.katalon.execution.launcher.TestSuiteCollectionConsoleLauncher.buildLauncher(TestSuiteCollectionConsoleLauncher.java:219)
at com.kms.katalon.execution.launcher.TestSuiteCollectionConsoleLauncher.buildSubLaunchers(TestSuiteCollectionConsoleLauncher.java:150)
at com.kms.katalon.execution.launcher.TestSuiteCollectionConsoleLauncher.newInstance(TestSuiteCollectionConsoleLauncher.java:88)
at com.kms.katalon.execution.console.entity.TestSuiteCollectionLauncherOptionParser.getConsoleLauncher(TestSuiteCollectionLauncherOptionParser.java:140)
at com.kms.katalon.execution.console.ConsoleExecutor.execute(ConsoleExecutor.java:74)
at com.kms.katalon.execution.console.ConsoleMain.launch(ConsoleMain.java:528)
at com.kms.katalon.console.application.ConsoleApplicationStarter.start(ConsoleApplicationStarter.java:37)
at com.kms.katalon.application.Application.runConsole(Application.java:125)
at com.kms.katalon.application.Application.start(Application.java:88)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:203)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:137)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:107)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:401)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:255)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:657)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:594)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1447)

Hi @jason.harrison,

Please try updating your driver manually and watch if the problem persists.

Regards,
Nam Nguyen.

I’ve updated manually and it’s working now, but when using the automated method I still get the same issue. I would prefer to use the auto driver update if possible as it saves us much time not having to manually update the drivers every so often (or when the tests fail because the browser updates but the web driver doesn’t)

Hi @jason.harrison,

Are you using a proxy when executing?

Regards,
Nam Nguyen.

Hi, even i am facing the issue and i am using proxy.Can someone help me over here

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.