Main idea of problem:
Chrome version was updated and when the user executes test or run Web Recorder he will get an error.
Steps to reproduce
1st case. During test execution
- Execute any of test in Google Chrome browser
Actual result: In “Log viewer” you will get an error. Crash will be happened at 2nd step which is: "OpenBrowser('testing web resource name’URL) and during the "Starting ‘Chrome’ driver test will be failed.
2nd case. During Web test record running
- Go to the Test Case
- Click to the Web test record button
Actual result: Will appear a pop-up window with such description:
Session not created: This version of Chrome Driver only supports Chrome version 77.
- Go to this site ChromeDriver - WebDriver for Chrome - ChromeDriver Canary and download the latest ChromeDriver version which MUST be the same as a Chrome version
- Go to the Downloads folder on your PC and run it. As a result you will get chromedriver exec file.
- Go to the Application folder and find Katalon Studio.app
- Call the context menu of Katalon Studion.app and choose “Show package context”
- Go to Contents/Eclipse/Configuration/Resource/Drivers/chromedriver_mac
- Replace existing chromdriver to chromedriver which has been already exist in Downloads folder
- You may try to execute tests or run Katalon Test Record