Katalon can't allocate its geckodriver after upgrade of Firefox browser

Environment: Linux Red Head
Browser: Firefox 60.2.1-1 (firefox-60.2.1-1.el6.centos.x86_64)
Katalon Studio: 5.7.1

Error message in Report.html:

FAILED because (of) (Stack trace: com.kms.katalon.core.exception.StepFailedException: Unable to open browser with url: ‘https://google.com/’ (Root cause: java.lang.IllegalStateException: The path to the driver executable must be set by the webdriver.gecko.driver system property; for more information, see GitHub - mozilla/geckodriver: WebDriver for Firefox. The latest version can be downloaded from Releases · mozilla/geckodriver · GitHub)

Before the upgrade the script was running with no issues

Are you using Linux? I think you should set permission for geckodriver file after you copied it, e.g:
chmod 777 geckodriver

Please try again withthe above solution

Vinh Nguyen said:

Are you using Linux? I think you should set permission for geckodriver file after you copied it, e.g:
chmod 777 geckodriver

Please try again withthe above solution

All the permissions are there, and also the owner is the right one.
I also tried to replace the katalon’s geckodriver with the newest one (0.22 for today), it also didn’t help.
BUT - when I am specifying it with SetProperty ( System.setProperty(“webdriver.gecko.driver”, “”) ) in my script - it does work. Seems like somehow Katalon can’t allocate the intended path if its not strictly specified in my script.
Me personally - don’t like the SetProperty solution, I prefer to set it in the conventional way (via Test Collection UI). Once again - it did work before Firefox upgrade and it was the only change.

Same here on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.4 (Maipo) : I updated Firefox from version 53ish (I unfortunately cannot remember precisely) to 60.4.0; and suddenly my console mode executions started to fail with the same error :

Root cause: java.lang.IllegalStateException: The path to the driver executable must be set by the webdriver.gecko.driver system property

I fixed by downloading geckodriver 0.24.0 from https://.github.com/mozilla/geckodriver/releases as instructed and added its path to ${PATH}, but its spits lots of debug information. Anyone knows how to make it quieter ?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.