- Location: US-Nationwide
- Employment type: Full-time & Paid
What Commercial Technologies Software Engineering contributes to Cardinal Health
Commercial Technologies manages the enterprise’s portfolio of commercial technologies to maximize the business value of the technologies and enhance the customer experience. This function creates strategies for the portfolio and innovative solutions based on relationships with business leaders, develops back-end solutions and capabilities, and improves the front-end experience.
Commercial Technologies Software Engineering develops design options, process improvements and back-end solutions for commercial technologies to maximize performance and suitability for business needs. This job family manages engineering projects and plans for commercial technologies and interfaces with product managers to develop objectives. This job family assesses product systems, identifies opportunities for process and system improvements, and develops solutions through application of engineering principles.
The SDET reports to a team lead, tech lead or QA manager and works closely with business analysts, software developers, release management, and architects to manage the test automation and implement programmatic solutions for Cardinal’s software platforms testing. The SDET employs the latest technologies, development, testing and automation best practices. He or she carries out QA operations through requirement reviews, test case creation, manual testing and test automation as needed.
- Assesses and understands the flow of code and its interaction with various processes.
- Documents processes and client demands for process improvement.
- Logs, manages, and tracks issues and cases.
- Integrates test automation with pipelines.
- Performs manual testing where applicable.
- Troubleshoots bugs and other issues on mobile, desktop, and web-based platforms.
- Tests automation builds, execution, and script troubleshooting.
- Participate in design/code reviews. Offer feedback on code reviews to peers.
- Suggest methods and new technologies for increasing the effectiveness of changes and of general production support improvements.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of continuous integration, continuous delivery, and continuous testing.
- Assist the Team Lead with project planning and estimation.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and/or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ software solutions development experience on Microsoft Platform preferred.
- Experience Canary or A/B, smoke, and infrastructure (cloud) testing is required
- Katalon experience required
- Experience with containers and Kafka testing is a major plus.
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) a major plus.
- Familiarity with Chaos engineering is a plus.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with C# .NET or any test automation language
- Experience with test automation, continuous delivery, and continuous testing
- Solid understanding of Authentication/Authorization (.NET and Token Based).
- Strong SQL programming skills with MS SQL Server or any relational DB and/or MS-Search or any non-relational DB
- Familiarity with Azure Cloud Technologies is a plus.
- Experience with Azure DevOps is a plus.
- Solid knowledge of Agile software development practices is required.
- Desired: Knowledge of healthcare systems.
- Desired: testing in Event Driven architecture
- Desired: ReadyAPI experience
- Demonstrates refined written and verbal communication skills, fosters open communications, listens effectively, and builds strong partnership networks that result in consistent forward momentum; has excellent negotiation skills with an ability to orchestrate change through influence.
- Takes initiative to complete critical tasks, especially in team settings with dependencies on other people.
- Works effectively in the face of stress, ambiguity, difficult situations, and shifting priorities all while championing the long-term architectural view.
- Steps outside of “comfort zone” to tackle new issues/challenges in an aggressive manner, demonstrates the ability to leverage self-directed learning opportunities, and is comfortable dealing with ambiguity in a fast-paced, cutting-edge, and entrepreneurial environment.
- Challenges the status quo to generate new ideas; is open to challenges and implements unique solutions to solve them; focuses on the best outcome for the company, rather than on ego.
- Collaborates and openly seeks and shares information across teams and departments.
- Has established experience in his or her technical field and continually augments experience and skills with the latest research results and techniques.
- Demonstrates a bold commitment to the total alignment of actions, words, and professional beliefs.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models
- Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope
- Projects may have significant and long-term impact
- Provides solutions which may set precedent
- Independently determines method for completion of new projects
- Receives guidance on overall project objectives
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Anticipated salary range : $115,000 - $164,300
Bonus eligible : Yes
Benefits : Health insurance, 401k Contributions, Paid Time Off, Vacation, STD/LTD