Jira cannot create new issue on failed test case

I am having problems reporting a new bug through JIRA. If I try to report a bug from a successful test case, it opens the create window and fills out all the fields automatically like it’s supposed to. However, if I try to create an issue from a failed test case, it doesn’t open the window. It just logs in and sits on the main page and I have to fill out the form manually.

None of my other coworkers have this problem and our JIRA integration set-up is nearly identical, save the information for our individual JIRA accounts. What might be causing this issue?

I’ve identical problem too :confused: (KS 5.4.1.1 Win 10 64bit)

Ivan Gorchakov said:

I’ve identical problem too :confused: (KS 5.4.1.1 Win 10 64bit)

Additional info: JIRA (v7.9.1)

Hey, someone from Katalon Moderators or Evangelists - please confirm the bug from description above if it is a bug :s

I can’t reproduce it. Below is my JIRA dialog when I submit a failed test case, so please provide more information if you can.

Untitled.png

Unfortunately, there hasn’t really been a pattern that I’ve been able to discern, as some of them work and some of them don’t. Sometimes the same test case that fails is reportable in one but not another. The only thing I’ve noticed is that a screenshot doesn’t accompany most of the reports that I’ve seen this bug in, even though screenshots are enabled on failure.

Vinh Nguyen said:

I can’t reproduce it. Below is my JIRA dialog when I submit a failed test case, so please provide more information if you can.

Vihn, can you check it with Web Service (API) project? I’ve discovered than currently I can report (click on the “Bug” icon in report) only PASSED test case with PUT method. Also, I am sniffing traffic by Fiddler and I’ve discovered, that there is no “GET /secure/CreateIssueDetails” request in case I am clicking on the “Bug” icon of FAILED test case.
You can check Header of the PASSED test case with PUT method:

GET /secure/CreateIssueDetails!init.jspa?pid=10001&issuetype=10004&summary=PUT+auth+MyKS_MyLC&reporter=ivan.gorchakov&description=Test+Steps%3A%0A1.+Statement+-+parser+%3D+new+groovy.json.JsonSlurper%28%29%0A2.+Statement+-+requestLogIn+%3D+com.kms.katalon.core.testobject.ObjectRepository.findTestObject%28UserAPI%2Flogin%2FPOST_login%29%0A3.+Statement+-+httpBody+%3D+requestLogIn.getHttpBody%28%29.replace%28%22PassWord%22%2C+myPassword%29.replace%28%22PhoneNumber%22%2C+myPhoneKS%29%0A4.+Statement+-+requestLogIn.setHttpBody%28httpBody%29%0A5.+Statement+-+responseLogIn+%3D+com.kms.katalon.core.webservice.keyword.WSBuiltInKeywords.sendRequest%28requestLogIn%29%0A6.+verifyResponseStatusCode%0A7.+Statement+-+parsedResponseLogIn+%3D+parser.parseText%28responseLogIn.getResponseText%28%29%29%0A8.+Statement+-+parsedUserToken+%3D+userToken%0A9.+Statement+-+parsedRefreshToken+%3D+refreshToken%0A10.+Statement+-+requestAuth+%3D+com.kms.katalon.core.testobject.ObjectRepository.findTestObject%28UserAPI%2Fauth%2FPUT_auth%29%0A11.+Statement+-+requestAuth.getHttpHeaderProperties%28%29.add%28new+com.kms.katalon.core.testobject.TestObjectProperty%28Authorization%2C+com.kms.katalon.core.testobject.ConditionType.EQUALS%2C+parsedUserToken%29%29%0A12.+Statement+-+body+%3D+requestAuth.getHttpBody%28%29.replace%28%22PhoneNumber%22%2C+myPhoneLC%29%0A13.+Statement+-+requestAuth.setHttpBody%28body%29%0A14.+Statement+-+responseAuth+%3D+com.kms.katalon.core.webservice.keyword.WSBuiltInKeywords.sendRequest%28requestAuth%29%0A15.+verifyResponseStatusCode%0A%0A&environment=-+hostName%3A+IT+-+DESKTOP-F9DC1RE%0A-+hostAddress%3A+10.0.75.1%0A-+os%3A+Windows+10+64bit%0A-+katalonVersion%3A+5.4.1.1%0A-+dbServerInfo%3A+PostgreSQL+9.5.12%0A HTTP/1.1Accept: image/gif, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, application/x-ms-application, application/xaml+xml, application/x-ms-xbap, */*Accept-Language: en-USUA-CPU: AMD64Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflateUser-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; Win64; x64; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like GeckoHost: "...my jira host here..."Connection: Keep-AliveCookie: "...cookie..."

We are experiencing the same issue with Katalon V5.7.0. Please assist.

Same issue also here. Katalon v5.7.0 - Please assist

Same issue also here. Katalon v5.8.0 - Please assist

Not able to create tickets from katalon reports, I am on Mac OS High Sierra with Katalon 5.8.0. Anyone, please help. I tried removing all checkmark field in JIRA integration configuration except ‘use test case name as a summary of the ticket’. In that too it says request header too large

Screen Shot 2018-10-16 at 2.33.21 pm.png

Hi,

Has anyone found a resolution to the problem posted by Daniel?

I’m having the same problem and it is annoying. For some reason with a passing test that has more than 30 items, I can report a bug from a successful test case from 1 up until the 23 Item in the list. The internal Katalon browser opens and the create window and fills out all the fields automatically like it’s supposed to.
If I try to report a bug for the 24 item and beyond, it just logs in and sits on the main page and I have to fill out the form manually by clicking on the create button.

For a test suite that fails, I am unable to successfully report a bug for any item in the Test Case’s Log.

OS/Product Log:
Windows 10 OS
Katalon_Studio_Windows_64 version 5.9.0
JIRA version 7.5.0

Debug Log:
URL Passing Case:
http://myipaddress:8080/secure/CreateIssueDetails!init.jspa?pid=10400&issuetype=10101&summary=1.+MyTestName-+Local&reporter=lino&description=Test+Steps%3A 1.+Statement+-+log+%3D+new+com.kms.katalon.core.logging.KeywordLogger() 2.+openBrowser 3.+Statement+-+browserName+%3D+com.kms.katalon.core.webui.driver.DriverFactory.getExecutedBrowser().getName() &environment=-+hostName%3A+myPC+-+myPC.fios-router.home -+os%3A+Windows+10+64bit -+katalonVersion%3A+5.8.6.1 -+browser%3A+Firefox+63.0 -+hostAddress%3A+myhostaddress -+sessionId%3A+6d65f849-9f78-43ea-947d-80da8c29541d -+seleniumVersion%3A+3.7.1 -+proxyInformation%3A+ProxyInformation{proxyOption%3DNO_PROXY%2C+proxyServerType%3DHTTP%2C+password%3D%2C+proxyServerAddress%3D%2C+proxyServerPort%3D0} -+platform%3A+Windows+10

URL Failing Case:
http://myipaddress:8080/plugins/servlet/gadgets/ifr?container=atlassian&mid=10003&country=US&lang=en&view=default&view-params={"writable"%3A"false"}&st=atlassian%3Av2N9GgIHBD9%2Bzm59pE%2FkG7ULpEwmW0ml8Iep9tItW687%2Br0DjOqhhWDqBklAnZ0CoENzMvss8ZLX0hECp6P1jT6oUBNry1Ok6l6WIPT%2FsIPvGEM1WCspHt6kaKFWmj0cS3lG7V6RJGyWuMDWWFUbF0XDxInLT9tXULnj18sbQFvpSWuwkNVQ90BM6zlDDWpMys5w2fpZt7a%2FodUvaEC3R1zM1wSE54RTJsWDu0Un9iRasRDA27SdmdWm44WlqTd%2B212VTjbO7Ei9iUGf1OmGRKiXP91ervxA%2Fv%2FMPIO1U31pVsnzYuWFdAdZQPW6qoB%2Bbod6kECefEnLTmlM2RQR4IX4VmU%3D&up_isConfigured=true&up_isReallyConfigured=false&up_title=Your+Company+JIRA&up_titleRequired=true&up_numofentries=5&up_refresh=false&up_maxProviderLabelCharacters=50&up_rules=&up_renderingContext=&up_keys=__all_projects__&up_itemKeys=&up_username=&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmyipaddress%3A8080%2Frest%2Fgadgets%2F1.0%2Fg%2Fcom.atlassian.streams.streams-jira-plugin%3Aactivitystream-gadget%2Fgadgets%2Factivitystream-gadget.xml&libs=auth-refresh#rpctoken=110531

Katalon Studio Log File:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2018-11-28 21:37:06.245

!MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception

!STACK 0

java.lang.NullPointerException

at java.io.File.(File.java:277)

at com.kms.katalon.core.util.internal.PathUtil.relativeToAbsolutePath(PathUtil.java:25)

at com.kms.katalon.composer.report.provider.ReportPartTestStepLabelProvider.getToolTipImage(ReportPartTestStepLabelProvider.java:186)

at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.ColumnViewerToolTipSupport.shouldCreateToolTip(ColumnViewerToolTipSupport.java:170)

at org.eclipse.jface.window.ToolTip.toolTipCreate(ToolTip.java:326)

at org.eclipse.jface.window.ToolTip.access$2(ToolTip.java:325)

at org.eclipse.jface.window.ToolTip$ToolTipOwnerControlListener.handleEvent(ToolTip.java:606)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4418)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1079)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4236)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3824)

at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:818)

at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:794)

at com.kms.katalon.composer.integration.jira.report.JiraCreateIssueHandler.openNewIssueBrowserDialog(JiraCreateIssueHandler.java:59)

at com.kms.katalon.composer.integration.jira.report.JiraCreateIssueHandler.openNewIssueDialog(JiraCreateIssueHandler.java:50)

at com.kms.katalon.composer.integration.jira.report.provider.JiraTestLogIssueLabelProvider$2.widgetSelected(JiraTestLogIssueLabelProvider.java:70)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:249)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4418)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1079)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4236)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3824)

at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$4.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1121)

at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:336)

at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1022)

at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:150)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:693)

at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:336)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:610)

at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:148)

at com.kms.katalon.core.application.Application.internalRunGUI(Application.java:120)

at com.kms.katalon.core.application.Application.runGUI(Application.java:105)

at com.kms.katalon.core.application.Application.start(Application.java:63)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:388)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:243)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:673)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:610)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1519)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Lino

por favor ayuda.

Estoy teniendo problemas para informar un nuevo error a través de JIRA.Si trato de informar un error de un caso de prueba exitoso, abre la ventana de creación y completa todos los campos automáticamente como se supone. Sin embargo, si intento crear un problema a partir de un caso de prueba fallido, la ventana no se abre. Simplemente ingrese y siéntese en la página principal y tengo que completar el formulario manualmente.versión katalon: 5.9.1windows 7 profesional
I am having trouble reporting a new error through JIRA. If I try to report an error of a successful test case, it opens the creation window and completes all the fields automatically as it is supposed. However, if I try to create a problem from a failed test case, the window does not open. Simply enter and sit on the main page and I have to complete the form manually.

test Suites with test case Ok, the report jira show task of error with test steps?

1.png

2.png

3.png

Hi,
I’m on windows 10, Katalon 5.10.1 and Jira 7.2. My problem is when I try to create a new bug from a Failed test case (Not Passes, not Error, not Incomplete) I’ve tried to fix with some workarrounds but the result still being the same. Is there any fix for that???

Any one found solution to this issue?

Katalon Version - 5.10.1

In case of failed test cases the window is not appearing but in case of passed or incomplete test cases the window is available? Kindly help ASAP

Have you tried reproducing the error with a web service project? I am always able to recreate this issue on different projects with POST or PUT methods. Please let me know If I can be of any help in recreating and fixing this issue. Thanks.

Any updates on this issue? its almost a year already.