Jenkins execution of Katalon Studio tets does not launch browser

Hi
I’m playing around with Katalon Studio Jenkins integration on my local pc. When configuring the jenkins job with below parameters, the job is running, I am able to see execution results in the console output, but I’m unable to see any browser interaction. It seems like the tests are being ran headless browser. I’m using windows 10 OS.

Running from CLI it works perfectly, browser is launching and I’m able to see the tests interact with app windows as expected. Not sure what is causing Jenkins to not launch the actual browser and run the tests so human eyes can observe.

C:

cd C:\Users\\Katalon Studio

katalon -noSplash -runMode=console -projectPath=“C:\\Katalon\katalon.prj” -retry=0 -testSuitePath=“Test Suites/Test Suite” -executionProfile=“default” -browserType=“Chrome”

We are having the same issues. In addition this causes for us that all tests are failing. In the task manager we see that Katalon is running as a background job and not as normal when running via cmd as ann application job.

hi,
I think that running with Jenkins you are not able to see browser in GUI mode only log in a Jenkins window, and results should be opened with some script.
I have done in windows OS run script where I am able to see test results in a Jenkins Test Results window

adding this script to Jenkins Build cmd shell field

cd C:\KatalonStudio\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-5.8.6

katalon -noSplash -runMode=console -projectPath=“C:\KatalonStudio\DataDrivenTestMaster\Data Driven.prj” -retry=0 -testSuiteCollectionPath=“Test Suites/New Test Suite Collection” -browserType=“Chrome” -reportFolder=“Reports” -reportFileName=“report”

del /q “C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\workspace\Katalon Studio pdf test\Reports\*”

FOR /D %%p IN (“C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\workspace\Katalon Studio pdf test\Reports\.”) DO rmdir “%%p” /s /q

FOR /F “delims=” %%i IN (‘dir “C:\KatalonStudio\DataDrivenTestMaster\Reports\Pdf” /b /ad-h /t:c /o-d’) DO (

SET a=%%i

GOTO :found

)

echo No subfolder found

goto :eof

:found

echo Most recent subfolder: %a%

robocopy C:\KatalonStudio\DataDrivenTestMaster\Reports\Pdf\%a% “C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\workspace\Katalon Studio pdf test\Reports” /E /COPYALL /V /NP /R:0

I am also not able to launch browser from Jenkins. Please some body let me know how we can execute it with real browser

I have answered it in another topic.

@devalex88
Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately this solution didn’t resolve the issue I’ve outlined above. Are there any other suggestions? Also I was wondering since Katalon Studio is built on top of Eclipse, is there a way to execute katalon projects through jenkins just like maven projects, through the use of POM file? To eliminate the need of installing katalon studio on a remote machine that will be used to execute the test suite against?

My doubt is you’ve faced the situation that you have on install Katalon Studio massively on different machines across the domains. We can change this approach using CI server as a master server, and other machines you want to have Katalon Studio on there will be served as slaves to the master.
On the master server, call commands to install Katalon Studio on slaves using:

1. Katalon Studio docker
  2. Jenkins plugin
    Should be easier to maintain after the installations using this approach, otherwise trying to convert Katalon execution engine to be maven-like engine is not a good way.
1 Like

For now this seems the best approach for us to follow. Thanks for your input!