JDBC Microsoft SQL Server Connection Problems (NOT MYSQL)

Hello,

I am trying to use Katalon Studio alongside the JDBC driver to hold a connection and perform a query on Microsoft SQL Server (ONLY MICROSOFT SQL NO OTHER PLEASE). This requires me to use the JDBC:SQLSERVER:// rather than the commonly used JDBC:MYSQL://

I have used all of the tutorials available online to get myself to a point where I can sort of connect using the following URL: jdbc:sqlserver://ServerName\Instance;database=dbName but it throws me the following error

`com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Login failed for user ‘bradley’.

I am using Windows Authentication credentials so I’m not sure how to set up the state of my JDBC the correct way so I can perform queries… I was reading online that different URLS perform different ways. I know my DB is setup because I can connect through PHPStorm using the jdbc:sqlserver//… driver

TEST CASE SOURCE CODE: This just opens a browser and attempts the connection and query

WebUI.callTestCase(findTestCase(‘Admin/Open Browser/Open Admin Side Browser’), [:], FailureHandling.STOP_ON_FAILURE)

CustomKeywords.‘databaseTesting.connectAndSearch.connection’(‘jdbc:sqlserver://SERVER\INSTANCE;database=dbName’,
‘username’, ‘password’, ‘com.mysql.jdbc.Driver’)

CUSTOM KEYWORD CODE USED TO CONNECT

public class connectAndSearch {

@Keyword 
public connection(String url, String user, String password, String driverClassName) {

def sqlConnection = Sql.newInstance(url, user, password, driverClassName); 

sqlConnection.eachRow("Show tables") { row -> 
		println row[0]
	}

}

}

There are too many ways of performing this action online and I cannot get all the puzzle pieces to work together if someone could at the very least help explain how I am to make the connection work.

hi,
please check this page
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/connect/jdbc/connecting-to-sql-server-with-the-jdbc-driver?view=sql-server-2017

This thread demonstrates how they were able to get the setup working using sqlserver rather than the commonly used mysql, the user also took the time to include a great video resource about halfway down the thread on Databases and Katalon studio.

Additionally this issue may be resolved using the following link that shows you how to setup TCP/IP connections with windows authentication through SQL Management Studio:

https://support.pitneybowes.com/VFP06_KnowledgeWithSidebarTroubleshoot?id=kA280000000CoakCAC&popup=false&lang=en_US

Thank you, hopefully this starts me off in the right direction.