java.lang.ClassCastException: java.util.HashMap cannot be cast to org.openqa.selenium.WebElement

Just installed Katalon 5.7.1 using this tutorial . Started with Example project for mobile. Both example cases failing on ‘Tap’ step with error
“Failed to tap on element ‘…’ (Root cause: java.lang.ClassCastException: java.util.HashMap cannot be cast to org.openqa.selenium.WebElement)”
Couldn’t find any way to resolve this issue.

Unable to start application on this device: an unknown server-side (Windows)

Hi Vladimir,

Can you please share the code from the test that you’re running as well as any of the Test Objects that you’re using?

Thanks,

Chris

Same issue in Katalon 5.8.0 Build1, appium 1.9.1
I think it’s not needed to share the code.
I just created by New Sample Project -> Sample Android Mobile Tests Project and only run Test Suites/Regression Tests with Android.
The test device is an emulator. `Pixel XL API 28`.

The console log is here: https://gist.github.com/mlspinylobster/bad337d034c1ce5a8c6dbc3f127e2655#file-katalon-console-log-txt-L278
(sorry for including some Japanese. but you can ignore it. it doesn’t contain any important information.)

Thank you

Hi Satoshi,

Thanks for including the log file. Before we go further, can you try downgrading to Appium 1.8.1 instead of 1.9.1, since I don’t think Katalon Studio yet supports 1.9.1.

Please let me know if that helps,

Chris

Oh, I didn’t know that.

I downgraded appium by

npm install -g appium@1.8.1

and now I can complete the tests successfully.

Thanks!