Iterate data using Data Binding

Hi @Kumar.Sushobhan

It’s hard coded that you use only the first

Use WebUI.setText(findTestObject('Object Repository/TextBox'), parameter)
Add a variable named “parameter” in the TC GoogleSearch
In Suite1, click “Map All”, you have to see the variable and the TestData like this

Edit : You can see the doc too
https://docs.katalon.com/katalon-studio/tutorials/data_driven_testing.html#create-a-new-test-case-using-web-record-function

@HeleneB -
Can you please help me to parametric it. I am looking for a syntax.

GoogleSearch script :

GoogleSearch variables :
Add Variable, name it “Parameters”, type String, default value empty
Variable

Suite1 :
Just click “Map all”, in Variable Binding the Test Data will be completed.
DDT

1 Like

@HeleneB -
Thank you so much for helping me out !!! Now, I am confident of writing out test scripts with multiple test data rows. :slight_smile:

Just one query:
WebUI.setText(findTestObject(‘Object Repository/TextBox’), findTestData(‘SearchParameter’).getValue(new TestObjectProperty(‘Parameters’, ConditionType.EQUALS, Parameters), 1))

I was trying to do like this but this doesn’t work.
Any reason for not working.

Thanks again for your help :slight_smile:

You’re welcome ! :slight_smile:

I don’t know but even if it’s work, with the “1” at the end, you will test only the first row

I have to add parameterised data in my script, purpose is any non tectnical person change the test data and get the execution status.

getting error…

reason may be m not adding any variable in testcase file where i just added feature file.
If i execute direct feature files it run perfectly.
I tried with adding variable in feature file but not able to get solution

Hello all,

Is there is a way to iterate a number of testcases using data binding. For instance I have a test case that starts from login page then create users then submits. However I only want it to perform the login once while I loop the profile creation step alone without it closing the browser?

Thanks