Is there any limit on how many test suites you can run on test suites collection in parallel?

I need to do testing of 400 data with same test case in parallel. I get an error message “… Method is too large”

or do you know any other way I can do 400 test cases at the same time?

Thanks! I really appreciate any help :slight_smile:

Love from Indonesia

You should set a constraint about hardware resource.

Do you require you do 400 test cases at the same time on your single PC?

Yes, if possible. For now the requirement is to make sure 200 data is able to run successfully within 2 seconds.

kazurayam said:

You should set a constraint about hardware resource.

Do you require you do 400 test cases at the same time on your single PC?

Yes, if possible. For now the requirement is to make sure 200 data is able to run successfully within 2 seconds.

I have never tried such big parallelism and won’t try it because I do not think feasible due to machine resource constraint. If you want to stick to executing 400 tests in parallel then you need to make effort acquiring hundreds of remote servers possibly on some Cloud services which you need to pay for. It is a big issue. I do not think it is a good plan for you.

Regarding “… Method is too large” message, please read the comment I made at 23,Aug,2018 to the following post:

In short, you need to split your single large test case into a group of smaller test cases.

And then, execute the smaller test cases sequentially — it would take long but cheap.

And you can use ‘parallel execution’ featured in Test Suite Collection. See https://docs.katalon.com/display/KD/Test+Suite+Collection for detail. But do not say 400. I would say just 2, 3 or 4 parallelism depending on how powerful your PC is. Parallelism of 2 is desirable, I think. If you execute 2 test suites in parallel, then the total minutes of execution would become near to 1/2 — it is a good gain, isn’t it?

1 Like

kazurayam said:

Regarding “… Method is too large” message, please read the comment I made at 23,Aug,2018 to the following post:

Method code too large - Katalon Studio - Katalon Community

In short, you need to split your single large test case into a group of smaller test cases.

And then, execute the smaller test cases sequentially — it would take long but cheap.

And you can use ‘parallel execution’ featured in Test Suite Collection. See https://docs.katalon.com/display/KD/Test+Suite+Collection for detail. But do not say 400. I would say just 2, 3 or 4 parallelism depending on how powerful your PC is. Parallelism of 2 is desirable, I think. If you execute 2 test suites in parallel, then the total minutes of execution would become near to 1/2 — it is a good gain, isn’t it?

Okay thanks. We’ll try to running it on two PCs now.