Is it possible to run command writing test cases only in non GUI katalon Linux (KRE) environment via jenkins?

Is it possible to run command writing test cases only in non GUI katalon Linux (KRE) environment via jenkins?

only cmmand line non-gui kre,
web, android test case
Is it feasible?

I don’t see what you are asking for, but the following info may help:

I think what the user ask is, if is possible to run such tests on a non-gui (headless) Linux machine with KRE (through Jenkins or whatever else CI tool)
The development can be done on anything …
Well, the answer is yes and maybe.
You have to start to look here for the requirements:

For WebUI testing, this is possible.
Either you can use Firefox or Chrome headless driver, or use xvfb and a normal browser driver.
Hints you can get from the old doc:

Alternate you can run the tests using the Docker image, this wraps already xvfb-run for execution.

On the Mobile part I will let other users to speak, since I never did such.

LE: from the docs, looks like Appium is available in npm, and Adroid Studio is available for linux, so at least development on a Linux machine should be possible, but I don’t have any idea what is needed for execution with KRE:

2 Likes

Is it possible to run testcases only with commands through KRE in a Linux environment without a GUI?

I am trying to execute test cases developed through Catalon through jenkins.

I am wondering if it is possible to run only commands in a Linux environment without a gui, so I leave an inquiry.

i already answered that.
yes, is possible, KRE is a cli only tool.
the details matters, read my previous post carefully

This error occurs when running in Jenkins with the kre command in a Linux environment.

How do I solve it?

It runs fine in the gui local environment.

But non-display, non-gui
only cmdline kre In the linux environment, an error occurs when the test case is executed like this.

what should I do?

This question is answered and proved by you. The tests runs!

Why the tests fails? We cannot answer to this from the data you provided.

• It runs fine also locally with KRE?
  • What the tests do? What is the AUT?
  • How do you run them in jenkins? (docker, jenkins plugin, standalone install of KRE)
  • What is the browser in use (plain browser, headless browser)
    … and so on.

Apparently it fails because it cannot locate a certain object. Such can have multiple reasons.

Hi, binoel !

t fails because it cannot locate a certain object. Such can have multiple reasons. * It runs fine also locally with KRE?
→ Yes, Kre works fine in local environment, test case!

• What the tests do? What is the AUT?
    → The test case is the process of logging in by clicking a button by accessing a specific url, entering id and password in the input.

• How do you run them in jenkins? (docker, jenkins plugin, standalone install of KRE)
    → If you proceed with the automated test developed in the GUI environment, the test case mentioned above proceeds well without any errors. However, when running the test case on a non-gui Linux server, an Unable to find the element located error occurs.
    → non-gui linux server

and google-chrome (newest version)

• What is the browser in use (plain browser, headless browser)
    … and so on.
    → and google-chrome (newest version)

Apparently it fails because it cannot locate a certain object. Such can have multiple reasons.
→ As a result, when a test case developed in GUI is executed with kre on a non-gui Linux server, the error shown in the screenshot above occurs.
object ->Please recheck the objects properties to make sure the desired element is located.

The info you provided and the way you formatted the answers does not help much.
I am old and I am not patient to solve puzzles to figure it out what are you trying to solve.

Please open a new topic and follow the guidelines here:

The originating topic is already resolved IMHO.
Cheers