iOS app: tapping button in order to get modal for location permission doesn't work

Hello!

On iOS Simulator
I created a simple test in which an ios.app is installed for the first time and afterwards clicking through a few onboarding screens is needed before the startpage of the app is reached.

During this onboarding, the user is asked permission for push notifications and location in two modal screens.

The onboarding screens are created in a scrollview; tapping the button takes you to the next screen (certain parts of screen remain unchanged).

The notifications modal appears fine and is interactable but the weird part is that tapping for the second time on the ‘Verder’ (= next) button, does not show the modal view for location services.

The Katalon logs report: “Tapped on element 'Object Repository/test2/XCUIElementTypeButton - Verder”

So no errors here but also no modal view appears :frowning:

Manuallly tapping with the cursor during execution of the testcase on the ‘verder’ button works fine; the modal appears and after tapping ‘Alway’s Allow’ script continues without errors.

I tried a lot, like tapping on the app screen after the first modal (to get focus?), setting a delay, tap on x.y coordinates etc. but nothing seems to work for me.

The developer has checked her code and tells me there’s nothing wrong and all her tests succeed (in XCTest).

Anybody?

Regards,

Johann

+++

Testscript:

Mobile.startApplication(’/Users//Downloads/Telegraaf.app’, true)

// Give cookie consent
Mobile.tap(findTestObject(‘test2/XCUIElementTypeButton - AKKOORD’), 0)

// Tap ‘Verder’ button
Mobile.tap(findTestObject(‘test2/XCUIElementTypeButton - Verder’), 0)

// iOS modal: notifications permission - ‘Allow’
Mobile.tap(findTestObject(‘test2/XCUIElementTypeButton - Allow’), 0)

// Tap ‘Verder’ button`
Mobile.tap(findTestObject(‘test2/XCUIElementTypeButton - Verder’), 0)

// iOS modal: location permission - ‘Always allow’
Mobile.tap(findTestObject(‘test2/XCUIElementTypeButton - Always Allow’), 0)

/* Tap through onboarding pages until startpage of app appears: */

// Tap ‘Volgende’ button
Mobile.tap(findTestObject(‘test2/XCUIElementTypeButton - VOLGENDE’), 0)

// Tap ‘Volgende’ button

// Tap ‘Volgende’ button

// Tap ‘Sluiten’ button
Mobile.tap(findTestObject(‘test2/XCUIElementTypeButton - SLUITEN’), 0)

Mobile.closeApplication()