IE does not execute button clicks on a page

I am testing in both IE11 and Chrome. I recorded a test case using Katalon’s record feature. I run the created script in Chrome, everything works fine. When run in IE11, it reaches a point when it should click on a button and navigate some drop down menus. It stops there and goes no further. The buttons have been use such that, the first dropdown menu appears as you drag the cursor from a non-button area over the button area. The method must be something like an ‘onMouseOver’ extension. Clicking on the button itself does not trigger the menu.

Once you have the menus displaying, you can click on them to select your options although you do not need to actually click on them. I am going to create a video and attach it to this item

So how can I get Katalon to execute the steps?

Guess there is not a way to attach something to this issue. Give me your email and I will send it to you.

Finally found it.

Here is the video

Sample.zip

Barry Grossman said:

I am testing in both IE11 and Chrome. I recorded a test case using Katalon’s record feature. I run the created script in Chrome, everything works fine. When run in IE11, it reaches a point when it should click on a button and navigate some drop down menus. It stops there and goes no further. The buttons have been use such that, the first dropdown menu appears as you drag the cursor from a non-button area over the button area. The method must be something like an ‘onMouseOver’ extension. Clicking on the button itself does not trigger the menu.

Once you have the menus displaying, you can click on them to select your options although you do not need to actually click on them. I am going to create a video and attach it to this item

Hi Barry,

Sorry for the delay response. We have been informed about your case.

1. Have you tried to config IE before using Spy/Record feature? If not, please follow this guide.

In case you have already configured IE. Would you mind providing your project and execution logs for Katalon team to investigate? Please REMOVE sensitive information before sending to us.

2. For turning off Chrome is being controlled message. Please follow as guided in the email. There is a small arrow icon at the right corner of the cell. Click on that arrow to display the drop-down menu and you don’t have to type in.

Thank you for choosing Katalon Studio,
Liam

Your guide says to disable ‘Enable Enhanced Protection Mode’ I have no such option. Also, I do not have access to the Restricted Sites under security level. It is set to maximum high but I don’t want the others set there. Any suffestions.

Barry Grossman said:

Your guide says to disable ‘Enable Enhanced Protection Mode’ I have no such option. Also, I do not have access to the Restricted Sites under security level. It is set to maximum high but I don’t want the others set there. Any suffestions.

Hi Barry,

Please open IE settings > Advanced tab. You will see Enable Enhanced Protection Mode option. Please double check and make sure all available option in Security tab has the same security level. I’d suggest setting it to Medium High.

Regards,
Liam

Liam B said:

Barry Grossman said:

Hi Barry,

Please open IE settings > Advanced tab. You will see Enable Enhanced Protection Mode option. Please double check and make sure all available option in Security tab has the same security level. I’d suggest setting it to Medium High.

Regards,
Liam

I have the same problem, IE is not launching from Katalon Studio. When I go to IE Settings > Security tab, I cannot set Enable Enhanced Protection Mode because they are grayed out in Local Internet & Trusted sites, so don’t have access to it, then in internet it is checked and grayed out, so cannot change it. Only in Restricted Sites, it is enabled, so I could change, how I handle this then.

For me everytime my katalon test did not pass in IE browser.Its working fine in chrome and firefox browser . Actually my test never terminate in IE browser, its got stuck at some click operation nor it fail my test. I have made all the configuration as mentioned in the Katalon documentation. I am using IE 11. It would be very grateful if someone can help me in resolving this problem

1 Like

Narendra Bhaskar said:

Liam B said:

Barry Grossman said:

Hi Barry,

Regards,
Liam

I have the same problem, IE is not launching from Katalon Studio. When I go to IE Settings > Security tab, I cannot set Enable Enhanced Protection Mode because they are grayed out in Local Internet & Trusted sites, so don’t have access to it, then in internet it is checked and grayed out, so cannot change it. Only in Restricted Sites, it is enabled, so I could change, how I handle this then.

Try this. It worked for me. I didn’t need to set anything in IE:
In Katalon Studio go to PROJECT → SETTINGS and under EXECUTION find IE and add
under NAME:ignoreProtectedModeSettings
under TYPE: Boolean
under value:true

IE_SETTINGS.PNG

2 Likes

Barry Grossman said:

Can you show us your script where you try to hoover over ORDERS and then PATIENT menu?

I did it like this:
First you need to capture ORDERS element and you need to have it in your OBJECT REPOSITORY. Then you need to capture PATIENT object and you need that too in your OBJECT REPOSITORY. And last step is you need to capture CREATE SHORT TERM ORDER and have it in your OBJECT REPOSITORY.

When you have done all steps above you need this code:

1. WebUI.mouseOver(findTestObject(‘Your ORDERS test object from repository’))
  2. WebUI.mouseOver(findTestObject(‘Your PATIENT test object from repository’))
  3. WebUI.click(findTestObject(‘Your Create Short term order test object from repository’))
1 Like

Is this issue fixed? Katalon guys? pls suggest, its across for everyone post all the above settings…

naveen said:

For me everytime my katalon test did not pass in IE browser.Its working fine in chrome and firefox browser . Actually my test never terminate in IE browser, its got stuck at some click operation nor it fail my test. I have made all the configuration as mentioned in the Katalon documentation. I am using IE 11. It would be very grateful if someone can help me in resolving this problem

I have exactly the same issue. Please let me know if there is a solution. thanks

i have the same issue, i can’t finish my play back while using IE and it is getting stuck on the “Sign-in” click button. any idea how to solve the issue, note that i did all the requested configurations

Hello Mariana,

I was facing the same issue. I used below syntax to click a button in IE and it worked for me.

WebUI.sendKeys(findTestObject(’’),Keys.chord(Keys.ENTER))

1 Like

thank you akshada, I will try it as soon as I can. note that now i’m facing another problem. I have updated the IE Webdriver , and seems that IE isn’t working anymore after this update

the issue was solved by disabling the protected mode in the internet options

akshada.shetty, WebUI.sendKeys(findTestObject(’’),Keys.chord(Keys.ENTER)) worked perfect, thank you.

but actually I have a problem with IE, it is running too slow. example: the username is written too slow when running the play back through IE, every 2 second a letter is written. any solution to run IE faster??? I really need help in this issue

Hi @mariana.kolko

Firstly try this:

Steps:

a. Navigate to Katalon Installed Folder.
<Katalon_Studio_installed_folder>configuration\resources\drivers\iedriver_win64

b. Change 64bit version of IEDriverServer to 32bit.

Hi i am trying to run the script in IE11 and Chrome in windows 7, i can able to run in chrome i nor getting any exceptions.But when am running in IE facing exceptions can’t able do action getting “Caused by: org.openqa.selenium.NoSuchWindowException: Unable to find elements on closed window”.Could you suggest why it’s happening like this.