I have installed Katalon Studio, but I cannot close the "QuickStart" window

I am using an Ubuntu 21.04 Machine.
I have followed the Installation Guide and Katalon Studio runs fine until the activation process ends (on a tiny window).
So, the QuickStart window appears on the same tiny window and I am not able to interact with nothing. It is impossible to close the QuickStart window or the application.
This is my terminal messages:

Katalon workspace folder is set to default location: MY_PATH/Katalon_Studio_Linux_64-8.0.5/config
Starting Groovy-Eclipse compiler resolver. Specified compiler level: unspecified
190 MY_RELEASE_NUMBER RELEASE ACTIVE
WebView Server has been started on port 44377
Start checking and mark activated for GUI mode
Start getting machine ID on Linux
End getting machine ID on Linux MY_ID
Start appending additional signatures
hardwareSerialNumber
osDependentUsername MY_USERNAME
End appending additional signatures MY_SIGNATURE
End checking and mark activated for GUI mode

No additional messages are displayed on terminal.

Hi,

Can you post the log file in your ‘configuration’ folder?

@kazurayam @duyluong

Hi Guys

I’m able to re-produce on a new install what @icaro is seeing (but in my case I am in EndeavorOS\Arch Linux).

Environment
java -version

openjdk version "1.8.0_292"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_292-b10)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.292-b10, mixed mode)

inxi -b

System:
  Host: sol Kernel: 5.13.12-zen1-1-zen x86_64 bits: 64 Desktop: GNOME 40.4
  Distro: EndeavourOS 

CPU:
  Info: Dual Core Intel Core i7-7600U [MT MCP] speed: 901 MHz min/max: 400/3900 MHz

Graphics:
  Device-1: Intel HD Graphics 620 driver: i915 v: kernel
  Device-2: Acer Integrated Camera type: USB driver: uvcvideo
  Display: wayland server: X.org 1.20.13 driver: loaded: i915
  note: n/a (using device driver) - try sudo/root resolution: <missing: xdpyinfo>
  OpenGL: renderer: Mesa Intel HD Graphics 620 (KBL

Steps:

(1) Launch Katalon from Gnome Desktop.

(2) Prompted to activate (supplied e-mail and password).

(3) Small window will show with text “Activating …”.

(4) Then I will be stuck at the below window not able to choose any menu options (Katalon and Java showing in the process monitor).

(5) I have to kill the ‘katalon’ and ‘java’ process to stop Katalon.

I’ve attached the configuration log just in case it helps you.
1629486648139.log (2.5 KB)

@kazurayam @duyluong

I did some more testing and it seems there is an issue when your Linux release uses Wayland as your display manager. I switched to X11 in Gnome (from the login screen) and was able to get to the Katalon startup wizard and load my project.

Whats interesting is I went ahead and updated to Katalon 8.1 while in X11. Then I rebooted my laptop and switched back to Wayland and now Katalon lets me login, run my scripts, not stuck at the license screen. So perhaps the binary should be updated to the 8.1 version?

I just logout and login again, or for sure, you can restart your device. And then the pop up displays correctly.

It worked in my case, you may try but I’m not sure if it can fix your.

Maybe if you find that Katalon Studio continues to work properly after switching back to Wayland, then it may be worth updating the binary to the latest version to ensure compatibility with newer software versions and dependencies