How to launch Katalon Studio in OpenSuse 15.1

Hello,
I am new with Katalon and planning to write some automated test for a WebApp UI on Chrome running in OpenSuse Leap 15.1. Successfully downloaded and installed Katalon_Studio_Linux_64-6.3.3.

Followed the instructions as mentioned in:
Katalon Studio GUI for Linux

Also installed OpenJDK 11 (I installed version 11 rather than 8 as mentioned in the instruction):

openjdk version “11.0.4” 2019-07-16
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 11.0.4+11-suse-lp151.3.6.1-x8664)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 11.0.4+11-suse-lp151.3.6.1-x8664, mixed mode)

Other related downloads:
Katalon Recorder 3.9.1 plugin for Chrome (it can be launched successfully)

My issue:
When I launch Katalon using the following command, the Katalon Studio windows starts briefly and then disappear.

./katalon

I think I am missing some parameters in the start command, can you please help me how to resolve ?

Only openJDK 8 is supported. So kindly follow the recommended instructions.

As for running the GUI on OpenSuse … good luck with that. Only Ubuntu up to 18.04 is supported. CLI should work on (almost) any distribution provided the right java version is installed.

check here for my attempts to make it work on gentoo:

@ThanhTo @duyluong which reminds me … i still have a pending question in the above report. any plans to migrate to a newest libwebkit? i didn’t abandoned my plans to make it work on other distribution than ubuntu, just wanted to know what voodoo should i approach …

1 Like

Hello Ibus:
Thanks for the suggestive reply.
After installing OpenJDK 8 (obviously, I uninstalled 11 before :-), the studio started perfectly.
I used ./katalon command from the console to launch, even though, Katalon Studio launched successfully, I see some warnings on the console as below. Believe, those are related to a missing ‘optional’ library.

(Katalon Studio:31858): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_base64_encode_step: assertion 'in != NULL' failed
Starting Groovy-Eclipse compiler resolver.  Specified compiler level: unspecified
170 2.4.7.xx-201611170128-e46 = ACTIVE

(Katalon Studio:31858): Gtk-WARNING **: Negative content width -6 (allocation 1, extents 4x3) while allocating gadget (node toolbar, owner GtkToolbar)
1 Like