Http requests in Katalon version 9.2.0 are failing

When I try to send http request I get Warning “Cannot send test request”.
If I try same on version 8.6.8 it works just fine it seems like issue is only in Katalon from version 9.

Is this known issue or issue is on my end?

Below is the error log

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
<div data-theme-slick="1">

</div>
at com.kms.katalon.core.webservice.common.HttpUtil.getKeyManagers(HttpUtil.java:296)

at com.kms.katalon.core.webservice.common.HttpUtil.getDefaultHttpContext(HttpUtil.java:243)

at com.kms.katalon.core.webservice.common.HttpUtil.sendRequest(HttpUtil.java:142)

at com.kms.katalon.core.webservice.common.BasicRequestor.send(BasicRequestor.java:58)

at com.kms.katalon.controller.WebServiceController.sendRequest(WebServiceController.java:169)

at com.kms.katalon.composer.webservice.parts.RestServicePart$8.run(RestServicePart.java:294)

at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:122)

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot read field "jks" because "org.apache.commons.ssl.TrustMaterial.JSSE_CACERTS" is null

at org.apache.commons.ssl.TrustMaterial.<init>(TrustMaterial.java:132)

at org.apache.commons.ssl.TrustMaterial.<init>(TrustMaterial.java:123)

at org.apache.commons.ssl.TrustMaterial.<clinit>(TrustMaterial.java:113)

... 7 more
1 Like

Hi,

My team has been recorded this issue before. I will ask my team and back to you soon

Guys, this is a crucial issue. My company can’t work with api in all our Katalon projects.

Hi,

I’ve just got the update from our team that we will fix this in the next release. The current workaround should be:

• Use the certificate that has the Keystore format is p12
  • Use KS version 8.x.

I will keep you updated with any new announcements. Thank you!

1 Like

Hello,
I just installed latest update 9.3.0 and issue is still there this is really upsetting as we cannot use all the features we are used to.

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

at com.kms.katalon.core.webservice.common.HttpUtil.getKeyManagers(HttpUtil.java:296)

at com.kms.katalon.core.webservice.common.HttpUtil.getDefaultHttpContext(HttpUtil.java:243)

at com.kms.katalon.core.webservice.common.HttpUtil.sendRequest(HttpUtil.java:142)

at com.kms.katalon.core.webservice.common.BasicRequestor.send(BasicRequestor.java:58)

at com.kms.katalon.controller.WebServiceController.sendRequest(WebServiceController.java:169)

at com.kms.katalon.composer.webservice.parts.RestServicePart$8.run(RestServicePart.java:294)

at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:122)

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot read field "jks" because "org.apache.commons.ssl.TrustMaterial.JSSE_CACERTS" is null

at org.apache.commons.ssl.TrustMaterial.<init>(TrustMaterial.java:132)

at org.apache.commons.ssl.TrustMaterial.<init>(TrustMaterial.java:123)

at org.apache.commons.ssl.TrustMaterial.<clinit>(TrustMaterial.java:113)

... 7 more

Hi Filip,

We are sorry to hear that you are still encountering this issue even with the latest Katalon Studio release.

May I ask if you are one of our paid users? If so, then you can contact our Product Support - and receive faster responses - via:

• [For our paid users] Creating a support ticket here, or
  • [For both our paid & free users] Send an email to: support@katalon.com

We hope this helps, :+1:

Yes I am paid customer

Is there any progress with that broken SSL components?
The whole situation works against Katalon usage in a future. (((

1 Like

Hi @Vitallica,

Can you let us know whether you have successfully contacted our Product Support team or not?

Normally, when your team, along with other of our enterprise customers, have raised a ticket via the Support Portal, or managed to get in touch with one of the Support team member via email, your case would be evaluated by the team and get sent to our Product team so that they can implement a bug fix / enhancement in a future release.

If you have raised a ticket, then we will check with the Support team to see how your case is being processed.

Thanks,
Albert

Hi, @albert.vu

Yes, we registered a ticket via the Support Portal.

Ticket Status
On-Hold (Bug Report)

1 Like

Thanks @Vitallica,

Let me check in with them and get back to you soon. :+1:

1 Like

Hi @Vitallica,

We could not find your ticket’s Case ID based on the email address that you registered on our forum.

Could you provide us with your Case ID of your ticket (a screenshot would also work → please feel free to blur out any sensitive information beforehand).

Also, @fkuzma, were you able to reach out to our Product Support team?

Thanks

I have sent it privately.

1 Like

Thanks for the information @Vitallica.

We have been informed that the Product Support team has escalated your issue to our Product team, of which they will issue a fix in an upcoming release.

They also advise you to use Katalon Studio version 8.6.8 while the fix is on its way…

Thanks,
Albert