How to Export and Import Selenium Scripts

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://docs.katalon.com/katalon-studio/videos/export_import_selenium_scripts.html

The Export functonality is either no longer available or hidden in version 6*… please explain.

Hello, also very interested in why the export button is not available in the latest version

Hi Guys, we can export and import the code using Katalon Recorder Chrome Extension , Please find the extension here :https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/katalon-recorder/ljdobmomdgdljniojadhoplhkpialdid

we can export selenium script from the Katalon? because i couldnt find Import option in Katalon to upload external selenium scripts. Please clarify.

Can the Salesforce test cases from an external file be uploaded to Katalon ?
What was the framework used for this test automation?

Ho to convert katalone studio recorder in mobile app to selenium ?

I cant play imported script, any help ?

Error Log:

=============== ROOT CAUSE =====================

For trouble shooting, please visit: https://docs.katalon.com/katalon-studio/docs/troubleshoot-common-execution-exceptions-web-test.html

09-28-2020 09:57:45 PM Test Cases/test2

Elapsed time: 1.460s

Test Cases/test2 FAILED.
Reason:
groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: baseUrl for class: Script1601351613055
at test2.run(test2:35)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.run(ScriptEngine.java:194)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.runScriptAsRawText(ScriptEngine.java:119)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.RawTestScriptExecutor.runScript(RawTestScriptExecutor.java:34)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.RawTestScriptExecutor.doExecute(RawTestScriptExecutor.java:29)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.processExecutionPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:309)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.accessMainPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:301)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.execute(TestCaseExecutor.java:235)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.runTestCaseRawScript(TestCaseMain.java:151)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain$runTestCaseRawScript$0.call(Unknown Source)
at TempTestCase1601351854863.run(TempTestCase1601351854863.groovy:66)

Hello,
I have been using Selenium IDE to create some tests and test suites.
Now I wonder if I can import these test scripts to Katalon Studio, modify and expart them to Selenium IDE.
As it looks it is not really possible.

Even if there es an ‘Import Selenium IDE Project’ in Katalon Studio it gives some errors.
So the errors have to be solved first.
But even if the errors are solved, how can the file be exported and used in Selenium IDE?

It looks like Selenium IDE is saving the files as JSON as ‘.side’ files.
Selenium IDE can just open files in that format.
I can export in Java etc., but that files can not be imported back to Selenium IDE. They can just be used in eclipse.

Katalon recorder can not even open files from Katalon Studio.

So it looks like I have to decide if I want to go with Katalon Studio, Recorder or Selenium IDE?

Hi @gunnar.polte,
I am a fellow mate here, searching for the same what you asked. It would be nice if you let me know the answer if you find the way to import a script to Katalon recorder.
Thanks in advance!

Hi there, are you looking to import scripts from Selenium IDE into Katalon Recorder?