How to compare Database query result set with the Checkpoint DB results set

Hi,

I am trying to compare the DB Datafile with the query results of the checkpoint by creating a DB check point, How can I implement the logic.

Thanks,
Sampath

Hello,
define your checkpoint, then take snapshot. After that anywhere you can use
WebUI.verifyCheckpoint( findCheckpoint(‘Checkpoints/yourDefinedCheckpoint’), false)

this ofcourse will compare snapshoted status to actual one

Hi Andrej,

Thanks alot for the response, I tried the same thing as you stated and for testing purpose, I used the same query in the Checkpoint and Datafile, and yet the test case is failing stating

Checked value does NOT match at position row = 1, column = 1. Checked value: 1. Current value: 1

06-26-2018 10:14:56 PM - [WARNING] - Checked value does NOT match at position row = 1, column = 3. Checked value: 2. Current value: 2

06-26-2018 10:14:56 PM - [WARNING] - Checked value does NOT match at position row = 2, column = 1. Checked value: 2. Current value: 2

06-26-2018 10:14:56 PM - [WARNING] - Checked value does NOT match at position row = 2, column = 3. Checked value: 1. Current value: 1

Test Cases/DataTesting FAILED because (of) Unable to verify Checkpoint ‘Checkpoints/Checkpoint1’ (Root cause: Checkpoint data and Source data are NOT matched)

Any idea on this?

1st i did not use this feature - no usage for me
but - i did some testing, and it seems they have some bug when they compare whole numbers - i used bigibt, int, number in DB - all failed even numbers were same, but no problem with decimal or text fields.
my test table:

image.png

as workaround you can try to convert column to string using buil-in db functions not sure if your db supports such function. here is what i did for postgresql

2018-06-27_13-26-13-1.png

1 Like

Hi Andrej,

Thanks alot for the help, it worked like a charm after converting the int to string.