This is probably a very (very) basic question, so apologies in advance.
I am using Katalon Studio, the codeless version only. I am trying to utilize the “checkpoint” functionality to verify that data in a .csv file is the same as the data in a table on my page.
I have created the csv checkpoint, and I navigated to the page with the table, and have added “VerifyCheckpoint”, and specified the checkpoint to compare against. The checkpoint matches (which is good).
However, when I intentionally make the checkpoint bad/not match (as a control), the step also passes, when I would expect it to fail, or, at the very least, create a warning. So, I must be doing something wrong.
Step by step, I have:
- Imported my checkpoint .csv data
- Checked off values I would like to use for the checkpoint (Col A = dates, Col B = values)
- Successfully (seemingly) verified the checkpoint
- Imported an intentionally bad checkpoint, repeated step 2
- Verified the checkpoint. It passed when I expected it to fail.
Can anyone point me to whatever obvious thing I am missing here? Thanks