How to click at specific coordinates?

Just want to set a mouse click at specific coordinates on page. How do I do this?

There is the command, WebUI.clickOffset(testObject TO, int x offset, int y offset). You can make some formula to calculate where you are to where you want to click. You can use WebUI.findWebElement(testObject) to get a WebElement that can get your current position.

myItem = WebUI.findWebElement(testObject, 10)
WebUI.comment("Current position is ${myItem.getLocation().getX().toString()} and ${myItem.getLocation().getY().toString()}")

I have tried the following WebUI.clickOffset(findTestObject('Object Repository/Button Layers/Layer Views Location Option (Main Building)'),1515 , 445, FailureHandling.STOP_ON_FAILURE) but it seems judging by the output I have to click on an object for this to work, and that is the whole issue I need to click off of an object.

I will give this a try one sec.

Test Cases/FAM/01 FAM DEV/Midwest 037 (DEV)/Plant View Layers FAILED.
Reason:
groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: static com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords.findWebElement() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String) values: [Object Repository/Button Layers/Layer Views Location Option (Main Building)]```

Ooops. The statement WebUI.findWebElement(testObject, 10) wants a timeOut.

Yeah no such luck. Not sure as to the reason though. I know that this element exists I can use it and interact with it.

Reason:
groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: static com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords.findWebElement() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String, java.lang.Integer) values: [Object Repository/Button Layers/Layer Views Location Option (Main Building), ...]
Possible solutions: findWebElement(com.kms.katalon.core.testobject.TestObject, int), findWebElement(com.kms.katalon.core.testobject.TestObject), findWebElements(com.kms.katalon.core.testobject.TestObject, int)

Even if I could just send a mouse click to like 2,2 would be useful. I just need to get out of the drawer I am in. Its a full screen overlay and it is making this much harder than it needs to be

For some reason, your TestObject is treated as a String. If the String is the xpath to your TestObject, then you can either go directly to creating a WebElement, such as:

webItem = driver.findElement(By.xpath('your xpath'))
WebUI.comment("Current position is ${webItem.getLocation().getX().toString()} and ${webItem.getLocation().getY().toString()}")

or creating a TestObject and then on to a WebElement.

xpath = 'your pathway String'
TestObject to = new TestObject(xpath)
to.addProperty("xpath", ConditionType.EQUALS, xpath)

myItem = WebUI.findWebElement(to, 10)
WebUI.comment("Current position is ${myItem.getLocation().getX().toString()} and ${myItem.getLocation().getY().toString()}")

I will give it a shot. BTW ever since you suggested this as a way to make TOs I have been using it non stop! Much quicker and way easier on the upkeep. Thank you :slight_smile:

No such driver for class

You probably need the import statements;

import com.kms.katalon.core.webui.driver.DriverFactory as DriverFactory
import com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords as WebUI

import org.openqa.selenium.WebDriver as WebDriver
import org.openqa.selenium.WebElement as WebElement

WebDriver driver = DriverFactory.getWebDriver();

You can get the import statements needed for your code by using: CTRL + SHIFT + O (oh).

Reason:
groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: driver for class: Script1669147181992```

Ok I have got it to get the coordinates by running the add.property.

LocationSelection='//mat-option[@id="mat-option-47"]/span'
TestObject to =  new TestObject(LocationSelection)
to.addProperty("xpath",ConditionType.EQUALS,LocationSelection)
myItem = WebUI.findWebElement(to,10)
WebUI.comment("Current position is ${myItem.getLocation().getX()} and ${myItem.getLocation().getY()}")

Current position 1428 and 250

So, if you want to click at location, (2, 2), then subtract the difference:

WebUI.clickOffset(findTestObject('Button Layers/Layer Views Location Option (Main Building)'), -1426 , -443, FailureHandling.STOP_ON_FAILURE)

It might be wise to create a formula of the current position’s X and Y, minus 2 from each, and then put the result in the clickOffset statement.

myItem = WebUI.findWebElement(to,10)
WebUI.comment("Current position is ${myItem.getLocation().getX()} and ${myItem.getLocation().getY()}")

xResult = myItem.getLocation().getX() - 2;
yResult = myItem.getLocation().getY() - 2;

WebUI.comment("Calculated amounts are: ${xResult.toString()} and ${yResult.toString()}")

WebUI.clickOffset(findTestObject('Button Layers/Layer Views Location Option (Main Building)'), -xResult, -yResult, FailureHandling.STOP_ON_FAILURE)

Thank you, that I will do. Dont know why but it worked the first time around and now it wont so Im back to square one.

Keeps failing at the comment line now

Reason:
groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: getLocation for class: org.openqa.selenium.support.events.EventFiringWebDriver$EventFiringWebElement

How about:

Same issue