How to add Edge in Web Recorder options

Hey There,
How do I add microsoft EDGE as an available option for Web Recording?
I can currently playback my tests in Edge but I cant record.

Any help would be great.

Kyle

How do you plackback (from the Recorder) in Edge? Because the Recorder is only available as a plugin for Chrome and Firefox (as far as I know)…

SPG Dirkx said:

How do you plackback (from the Recorder) in Edge? Because the Recorder is only available as a plugin for Chrome and Firefox (as far as I know)…

Yes that is correct! Must be related to Studio is my guess.

Anyway

I tried to convert it to an EDGE extension but failed. I’m not sure what/why because my knowledge is limited. I made the conversion succesfully but the application didn’t runned any test suite/case. Hopefully one day there will be a version available for EDGE.

My guess is there needs alot of extra code to be added for the EDGE driver/api?

Hi @“Kyle Meyer”,

Thank you for your feedback. It seems that you were talking about Katalon Studio. I’ll move this discussion to KS subforum.

Regarding your question, currently, our products don’t have the capability of recording test cases on Edge, and we will work on this feature in the future.

Alex said:

Hi @“Kyle Meyer”,

Thank you for your feedback. It seems that you were talking about Katalon Studio. I’ll move this discussion to KS subforum.

Regarding your question, currently, our products don’t have the capability of recording test cases on Edge, and we will work on this feature in the future.

Hi yes,

Sorry I meant for the studio :slight_smile:

Thanks a mil for the response.

Unfortunately Edge browser can’t be used as a browser to record actions in Katalon Studio. We will consider and evaluate this suggestion.

Regards

I have been able to do tests in edge by creating them for another browser. Then running the test in edge, if there are any errors then you can inspect element, find the xpath and paste that into the object that couldn’t be found.
I know its a bit of a work around but it should work.

Jonathan Jarvis said:

I have been able to do tests in edge by creating them for another browser. Then running the test in edge, if there are any errors then you can inspect element, find the xpath and paste that into the object that couldn’t be found.
I know its a bit of a work around but it should work.

Yeah I can do this, the only issue is that EDGE distorts the API we are using, so when it wants to click a button in a certain place the button isnt there, because its been squashed somewhere else. Lol. My thoughts were, to let me just record on the EDGE browser then, and the locations should then be the same.