How do I uninstall Katalon Studio

HI Team,

My tests are running extremely slow after i downloaded the IE plugin.
I want to uninstall Katalon studio to see if this resolves the issue.

Can you please let me know how to uninstall Katalon studio?

Hello,

Katalon Studio doesn’t have any installer, so it is enough to delete Katalon folder and download ZIP file again.

1 Like

Hello,
I deleted and re downloaded/extracted- i still have the issue where the tests are running extremely slow.
I am trying to do a POC to see if this tool is the right fit for the enterprise testing, please can you help with this issue?

Hi @mitali.p.shah,

Maybe the IEDriverServer_x64 causes it, you can replace the IEDriverServer_x64 byIEDriverServer_x32.
You can download it from: https://www.seleniumhq.org/download/, copy the downloaded byIEDriverServer_x32 driver and paste into Katalon Studio folder:

• <Katalon Studio folder>\configuration\resources\drivers\ie_win64.
1 Like

@ mitali.p.shah, we have been using Katalon for about two months and have repeatedly had troubles where the tests run fast and pass when running on the tester’s local machine, but run slow and fail on our Continuous Integration server (TeamCity) when testing the exact same site. Typically we are able to resolve by adding waits and delays.

Last week we realized that a second application running on the CI server was utilizing lots of memory (Sonatype Nexus in our case). We stopped that process and the tests ran better. In fact all eight of our suites passed. And one finished in 75% of the time.

It is way too early for me to conclude that this was absolutely the cause of our problem, but I would suggest checking to see what else is running on the server that executes Katalon.

And if that does not work, run your POC from your own laptop. :grinning:

1 Like