How do I record a test with iFrames?

How do I record a test with iFrames? After logging in, our App provides an iFrame within a Telerik Rad Splitter. I cannot record anything from this point forward. I have tried pausing the test to navigate to the page outside the iFrame, but the test will not resume recording. I also tried pausing the test to set the iFrame in script, but cannot re-start the recording after I have stopped it to set the iFrame in script. What is the recemmended method for recording a test like this? I will literally have hundreds of test cases within the iFrame so I need a quick way to generate teh tests through recording. Thanks!

I managed to click some of the splitters using CSS selectors on the following page

http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/splitter/examples/collapseexpand/defaultcs.aspx

CSS -selector

#RAD_SPLITTER_BAR_COLLAPSE_Backward_ctl00_ContentPlaceholder1_RadSplitBar2

Trying to understand your issue, Are you facing issue with selecting elements while recording ? or

Are you having issue while running the recorded script? in the second case you would have to revisit the selectors for the UI elements under the Object repository.

Also could you please share some light on the specific control you are facing issue.

http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/splitter/examples/collapseexpand/defaultcs.aspx

Am facing error while running this code snippet

As i capture the object using katalon tool and running this script ,1.

WebUI.switchToFrame(findTestObject(‘Page_eFACiLiTY - Enterprise Facilit/iframe_main’),GlobalVariable.G_Timeout_Small , FailureHandling.STOP_ON_FAILURE)

WebUI.click(findTestObject(‘Page_eFACiLiTY - Enterprise Facilit/i_fa fa-plus’))

Error description:
12-29-2017 12:38:53 PM - [FAILED] - Unable to click on object ‘Object Repository/Page_eFACiLiTY - Enterprise Facilit/iframe_main’ (Root cause: com.kms.katalon.core.webui.exception.WebElementNotFoundException: Web element with id: ‘Object Repository/Page_eFACiLiTY - Enterprise Facilit/iframe_main’ located by ‘By.xpath: //iframe[count(. | //[@id = ‘main’]) = count(//[@id = ‘main’])][count(. | //[@name = ‘main’]) = count(//[@name = ‘main’])][count(. | //[@src = ‘…/admin/ahome.html’]) = count(//[@src = ‘…/admin/ahome.html’])]’ not found)
12-29-2017 12:38:53 PM - [FAILED] - Test Cases/New Test Case-login FAILED because (of) Unable to click on object ‘Object Repository/Page_eFACiLiTY - Enterprise Facilit/iframe_main’ (Root cause: com.kms.katalon.core.webui.exception.WebElementNotFoundException: Web element with id: ‘Object Repository/Page_eFACiLiTY - Enterprise Facilit/iframe_main’ located by ‘By.xpath: //iframe[count(. | //[@id = ‘main’]) = count(//[@id = ‘main’])][count(. | //[@name = ‘main’]) = count(//[@name = ‘main’])][count(. | //[@src = ‘…/admin/ahome.html’]) = count(//[@src = ‘…/admin/ahome.html’])]’ not found)

How can i slove this issue?