How can You Paste in Katalon Recorder?

hello Everyone

i go to this website ( https://generator.email/ ) then click the Button to Copy the Email , ok ?
but when i go to a website then Try to Paste the copied email , i cant . Katalon recorder doesnt Record the action to paste , and just record it as if i typed this email … Please if you know a solution for this , i would so thankful for you .

Kind Regards
Thank You everyone for helping and for making this fourm possible to help Amateure like me .
Thanks Allo
Ab

Hi @itubeudecide

You can accomplish this by sending the the Ctrl+V keys to the test object where the text should be inserted into.
Use the following line in your test case script and change the “TestObject” to your test object

WebUI.sendKeys(findTestObject(“TestObject”), Keys.chord(Keys.CONTROL, ‘v’))

Hi @jmeintjesn7 i’m having the same issue as the original poster, but I don’t understand how to edit katalon recorder based on your solution.

Please could you explain what I need to edit in the command, target and value lines?

Thanks

This site says the command is sendKeys. See the image for #2. You will have to play with the commands to get the value column to get the paste shortcut, CTRL + v (second link below), and you already stated on your other forum question the element you wanted to paste onto.

Katalon Automation Recorder - Powerful Selenium IDE to record, debug, play tests in any browser

Press Enter, Tab, Space, Shift, Control, Arrow Keys in Selenium (artoftesting.com)

1 Like

Thanks for the reply.

I’ve been trying to work out the value for the CTRL + V, but nothing I try seems to work. Any idea’s on how to combine the command?

My target to copy or paste from is: xpath=//div[@id=‘applicationHost’]/div/div[2]/div/div/div/div[2]/div/div/button/div/div/div[2]

how would I modify the code from your first link?

WebElement textbox = driver.findElement(By.id(“idOfElement”));
textbox.sendKeys(Keys.ENTER);

Apologies, i’m new to this and struggling.

I don’t use Katalon Recorder, however, this image is what I was basing my suggestion on:

Notice the final line in the image above. So I would try

Command     |  Target                                                                                          |    Value                                          
sendKeys    |  xpath=//div[@id='applicationHost']/div/div[2]/div/div/div/div[2]/div/div/button/div/div/div[2]  | ${KEY_CONTROL}${KEY_V}

However, the following link says that key combinations do not work well in the KR.

@duyluong Can you assist in the Value on how to set a CTRL + V?