How do I copy and paste something using Katalon Recorder?

How do I copy and paste something using Katalon Recorder?

Do you mean copy and paste Katalon commands or copy and paste something on the application under test?

Hi Mark – using this more for web automation that testing

I have a website where I need to copy some staff on one section, store that in a variable and then past it in another section

I found a way to do it here:

asdfsa

1 Like

Hi Hb,

I see you had trouble with copying and pasting functions before figuring it out. Can you elaborate on your example above.

I’ve tried it but it doesn’t work for me…

What are your targets and values for those commands especially type and echo

Hey Mark hope you’re doing good
I have a use case request your support on ? I have few records in CSV file which need to be searched in a Tool on web which provides information for the each record searched.
I need to understand what commands/approach for me to copy the information provided for each record and exported

Following solution will help you to store one field value and paste into other field:

|Command | Target Web Element |Variable|
|storeValue |xpath=(//input[@type=‘text’])[4] |URL |//text field value will be stored into URL variable
|click |xpath=(.//[normalize-space(text()) and normalize-space(.)=‘notes’])[1]/following::div[6]
| |
|editContent |xpath=(.//
[normalize-space(text()) and normalize-space(.)=‘notes’])[1]/following::div[6] |${URL}| //Syntax to get value of URL variable value