How can I Test both Web app and Windows app in same test case.

I want to know how I can add test steps for both Windows app and Web app in same test case.

I have one application which later during the test step execution, it opens a web page for SignIn functionality - where user need to enter credentials to login to the account.

But As this web page is not launched by Katalon StartApplication or Start browser action, this web page is launched by one click action of Windows application test case.

Even though the browser is started with correct URL, Katalon is not able to detect the browser is opened or not. and it fails.

So Hence Katalon is not able to detect the web browser launched by click action, rather the web browser should have been launched by Katalon using Start browser and then I believe it will be able to detect it.

so can someone please let me know how can I add testing for both Windows and web app in same test case ?

Steps:

1. Launch windows app
  2. say it has few buttons on menu bar and when Clicked on SignIn button on app, then it opens a default web browser on machine and opens a sign in form.
  3. user need to enter credentials to it in order to login.
    Katalon fails here to detect whether browser is started or not.