How can i handle SSL certificates which is required to connect to the server. I had imported the SSL certificate but katalon triggers firefox which does not have the certificate. Can we invoke firefox browser with ssl certificates added to it through katalon

Trying to automate an https application. We need SSL certificate installed on the browser which tries to access the server.

During record mode or run mode, Katalon triggers its own firefox driver and Its fails to make SSL handshake with the server. How can I handle this situation. Is there a way to do make the default firefox driver of Katalon have the certificates?

That does not help. I have already set it to bypass certificate validation. But our server has made it mandit to have SSL cert authentication, to access it.

Is there a way I can have these certificates imported to firefox browser driver which is being trigerred by Katalon during record mode and run mode?

1 Like

I’m not sure how to do it with firefox, but I had to go into regedit and configure Chrome to autoselect a certificate based on the destination URL. This works fine if I only need to test with a single certificate, but now I’m working on figuring out how to use multiple different certificates to test appropriate error conditions. Any help selecting a certificate within a test case is appreciated.

yeah I doubt if multiple certificates can be used. It would be security vulnerable issue if you are successfully importing multiple certificates using your script.

If you use Katalon Studio 4.6, then please check 'Bypass certificate ’ on project settings -> network. It will bypass SSL validation and so you don’t need to worry about SSL

@Michael Mayo said:
I’m not sure how to do it with firefox, but I had to go into regedit and configure Chrome to autoselect a certificate based on the destination URL. This works fine if I only need to test with a single certificate, but now I’m working on figuring out how to use multiple different certificates to test appropriate error conditions. Any help selecting a certificate within a test case is appreciated.

If you can provide the steps as to how you did that, albeit it being a single cert, It would be greatly appreciated

I was able to do it for multiple certs in Chrome by creating a custom keyword that does a system call to the Windows certutil command. I basically deleted all certs, and manually added the certificate I wanted.

Yair, Can you share how to setup the keyword and how to get this working?

I keep getting the certificate error when trying to record the web application using Proxy. Can any one help me with this?

How does this work for Internet Explorer 11?

I checked this option and it is working in all browsers excepting ie11.

Could you please let us know the steps to "regedit and configure Chrome to autoselect a certificate based on the destination URL’
we are looking for Single Certificate issue,

We have manually added Certificate and it works in Manual Mode, but when we trigger run added certificate disappear in Remote Control browser mode.