Handling Dynamic Generated Objects

Hello,

I need a way to enter text onto an object that is coded to have dynamic ID’s and will be different every time I launch the test. None of the selector options have worked for me and the test will fail if run consecutively or more than once.

I can think of two ways to resolve this issue:
1- I’m looking for a way to iterate through a page and select an object without knowing what the object information is. Then either enter text into the object or create a test object on the fly and then send text to it.
2- Press Tab x amount of times to highlight the object I want and send text.

Problem with 2 is my test seems to still want an object to enter the text on, so despite me being able to hit tab and have the box highlited. I can’t do anything with it without my test erroring out.

2020-06-29 17:53:30.308 ERROR c.k.k.core.keyword.internal.KeywordMain - ? Unable to set text ‘Y’ of object ‘Page_/input__PreferenceValue’ (Root cause: com.kms.katalon.core.exception.StepFailedException: Unable to set text ‘Y’ of object ‘Page_/input__PreferenceValue’
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIKeywordMain.stepFailed(WebUIKeywordMain.groovy:64)

Anyone that can help me progress around this issue will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Brandon

Selecting HTML element by ID is just one of the various ways. I suppose there would be some other method that fullfill your requirement. For example you might be able to select the element by its text content, by its parent or ancestor, by its sibiling elements, or by CSS style class name.

Please show the entire HTML source of your test target while pointing which element you want to select.