The Global Variables that I created in version 5.4 do not carry over to the previous version of 5.3.1.
you can see the Global Variables in Project Explorer -> Profiles -> default
I see the path that you have mentioned in version 5.4, but I do not see that with version 5.3.1. It seems that the “Profiles” folder does not display in the Project Explorer in version 5.3.1 as it does for 5.4.
The actual variable that I created in version 5.4 does not display in the “Global Variable” section of 5.3.1. All the variables I create in version 5.3.1 display in version 5.4, but it does not work the other way around.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create Global Variables in version 5.3.1 (I used Window 7 and Katalon Studio 64 bit version 5.3.1).
2. Check to see it the Global Variables display in version 5.4 (I used Window 7 and Katalon Studio 64 bit version 5.4). In my case, they do.
3. Add a Global Variable using version 5.4
4. Go back to version 5.3.1 and see if the global variable displays. It does not, however the previous variables that I created in version 5.3.1 do.
5. Open version 5.4 and view the Global Variables. The Global Variables that were created in both 5.3.1 and 5.4 display.
Your right. You can not see this folder in Version 5.3.1, because profiles is a new feature in 5.4. Former GlobalVariable section is transfered to this new folder. See Release Notes 5.4. section ‘Execution Profile’
The folder not displaying isn’t the issue, as the Global Variables not carrying over to previous versions is. I do not see any mention of this on https://docs.katalon.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=13697476
No if you add global variables from 5.4 using Profiles section, it will not be carried back into 5.3 because 5.3 does not implement this. It does not backward compatibility like this, so please understand
Thank you Vinh. I was looking for a definitive answer that Global Variables created in version 5.4 will not carry over to previous versions. I just could not find that within the 5.4 release notes and wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing anything.