GlobalVariables no longer work

I am no longer able to use global variables/profiles after updating to 5.6.0. If I remove the global variable the script works but if I do anything with a global variable even just println it breaks the script.

1 Like

Hi Philip,

While our development team is investigating this issue, it’d be valuable if you provide more information following this format.

Best,
Liam

philip pennine said:

I am no longer able to use global variables/profiles after updating to 5.6.0. If I remove the global variable the script works but if I do anything with a global variable even just println it breaks the script.

Please provide more details about your issue

Having the same issue. Was okay in 5.5, 5.4.[0,1], 5.3.x. You guys should really add automated test case, if everything is okay, when running in cli mode… Otherwise, there are problems with this on every release of Katalon studio.

Backtrace:

Request sent successfully.Request sent successfully.org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed:/var/lib/jenkins/workspace/Katalon Studio Tests/Libs/TempTestSuite1533820605293.groovy: 14: unable to resolve class internal.GlobalVariable @ line 14, column 1.   import internal.GlobalVariable as GlobalVariable   ^1 error

If anything else needed, please let me know.

As well, it would be good to get an option to download at least one of previous versions, so it is easier to downgrade to stable version, that supposed to work properly.

Same issue here. Appeared on 5.4, and kept random appearances on 5.5. and 5.6 using CLI executions

jb said:

Having the same issue. Was okay in 5.5, 5.4.[0,1], 5.3.x. You guys should really add automated test case, if everything is okay, when running in cli mode… Otherwise, there are problems with this on every release of Katalon studio.

Backtrace:

Request sent successfully.Request sent successfully.org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed:/var/lib/jenkins/workspace/Katalon Studio Tests/Libs/TempTestSuite1533820605293.groovy: 14: unable to resolve class internal.GlobalVariable @ line 14, column 1.   import internal.GlobalVariable as GlobalVariable   ^1 error

If anything else needed, please let me know.

As well, it would be good to get an option to download at least one of previous versions, so it is easier to downgrade to stable version, that supposed to work properly.

Hi jb,

We used to run this with our CLI mode already. The issue may differ due to different environment and configurations, and we do not change anything related to Global Variables in 5.6, so the issue likely still there but on 5.3, 5.4, and 5.5 it does not happen in your environment.

Please note that our recent releases are trying to PREVENT this issue, not fixing it completely, so we will try to investigate and fix it more in later releases

Thanks for your information

when calling Global Variable in script as below script is not loading URL in browser for V 5.8.0 and V 5.8.6 without Global variable it is working fine.Previous version not sure which version it was working fine.
WebUI.navigateToUrl(GlobalVariable.SiteURL)

No Problem working fine.