For Some reason Katalon Web Recorder unable to RUN

Hello I am new to Katalon studio I created a new project. i already created a pre-step where it will just go to some websites and do a search(i am using the web recorder for this) but when save and reopen and click RUN it was NOT Running the predetermine steps. BTW i already try recreated new project and new installation

1 Like

Hi there,

Thank you very much for your topic. Please note that it may take a little while before a member of our community or from Katalon team responds to you.

Thanks!

Hi there @akmal.zainodin,

Welcome to our forum.

Can I ask whether you also saw any error window that popped up after you clicked Run or did nothing happen and the log viewer was also blank like in your screenshot? Thanks

yes, its popup web browser but as shown in the log it did not run the test step including in the web windows. I am also trying to pause then run and still show as above screenshot.

1 Like

Hi em, could you take a look at this topic and maybe get someone from the Studio team involved in as well? Thanks em

Can we see the format you have for your Global Variable, URL? Is it like:
https://www.sears.com/

And can I suggest for you to add a couple of steps to your test script?

WebUI.openBrowser('')
WebUI.navigateToUrl(GlobalVariable.URL)
WebUI.waitForPageLoad(10)

WebUI.waitForElementVisible(findTestObject('input_File Number Serial'), 10)
WebUI.verifyElementVisible(findTestObject('input_File Number Serial'))
WebUI.setText(findTestObject('input_File Number Serial'), "22-02559AL")
WebUI.sendKeys(findTestObject('input_File Number Serial'), Keys.chord(Keys.ENTER))

WebUI.click(findTestObject('div_OK'))

And you can remove the “Navigate To Url” that goes to the same location the second time?

the reason for second is the UAT environment that was tested is very unstable so i just put the second navigate to refresh it usually fix at the second refresh

just a usual url but with http instead of https. http://example.test.com

1 Like

Maybe you can update the chrome webdriver bro, there is a possibility that the webdriver that hasn’t been updated will affect system performance during the recording scenario.

1 Like

i have update have update webrowser for chrome and edge

Hi,

I am not sure if your case is similar to this: https://katalon-inc.my.site.com/katalonhelpcenter/s/article/Recorder-fails-to-start-and-displays-error-dialog-when-attempting-to-record-using-Chrome-with-Profile-and-how-to-resolve-it but please take a look because I do not find specific error log in your screenshot.

I dont use any profile and i check it is blank. unless it was something that was necessary?

The Error Log can be found on the main menu of Katalon Studio: Help > Error Log

Here what i get grom the error log

!ENTRY org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench 4 0 2024-04-25 15:05:21.156
!MESSAGE EofException
!STACK 0
org.eclipse.jetty.io.EofException
	at org.eclipse.jetty.io.ChannelEndPoint.flush(ChannelEndPoint.java:280)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.io.WriteFlusher.flush(WriteFlusher.java:422)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.io.WriteFlusher.write(WriteFlusher.java:277)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractEndPoint.write(AbstractEndPoint.java:381)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.common.io.FrameFlusher.flush(FrameFlusher.java:264)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.common.io.FrameFlusher.process(FrameFlusher.java:193)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.IteratingCallback.processing(IteratingCallback.java:241)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.IteratingCallback.iterate(IteratingCallback.java:223)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.common.io.AbstractWebSocketConnection.outgoingFrame(AbstractWebSocketConnection.java:581)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.common.io.AbstractWebSocketConnection.close(AbstractWebSocketConnection.java:181)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.common.io.AbstractWebSocketConnection.onFillable(AbstractWebSocketConnection.java:510)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.common.io.AbstractWebSocketConnection.onFillable(AbstractWebSocketConnection.java:440)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$ReadCallback.succeeded(AbstractConnection.java:311)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.io.FillInterest.fillable(FillInterest.java:105)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.io.ChannelEndPoint$1.run(ChannelEndPoint.java:104)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.runTask(EatWhatYouKill.java:338)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.doProduce(EatWhatYouKill.java:315)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.tryProduce(EatWhatYouKill.java:173)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.run(EatWhatYouKill.java:131)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.ReservedThreadExecutor$ReservedThread.run(ReservedThreadExecutor.java:409)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:883)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$Runner.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:1034)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:833)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Connection reset by peer
	at java.base/sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.writev0(Native Method)
	at java.base/sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.writev(SocketDispatcher.java:58)
	at java.base/sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.write(IOUtil.java:217)
	at java.base/sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.write(IOUtil.java:153)
	at java.base/sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.write(SocketChannelImpl.java:563)
	at java.base/java.nio.channels.SocketChannel.write(SocketChannel.java:642)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.io.ChannelEndPoint.flush(ChannelEndPoint.java:274)
	... 22 more

It seems like you are disconnected or having a connection disruption. Can you please check your network, any restrictions? If not any, can you please share your webdriver version and KS version, your OS, … so that I can ask my team to investigate it? Thank you

@Elly_Tran seems to have addressed the issue but here is more info on your error:

Hello everyone, I did not manage to get the error anymore since after my work laptop has been change and it works as intended.

1 Like

Hi there @akmal.zainodin, :wave:

It is great to see that you no longer run into this issue. We will proceed to close this thread up to prevent further comments. Please also help us to determine any of the comments within this thread as a potential solution :white_check_mark: (if possible) so that other members can refer to in the future.

Thanks,
Albert

This topic was automatically closed after 17 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.