Feature "show unused Test Objects" should work with BDD/Cucumber project

The documentation states that “An unused Test Object is any Web, Web Service, Mobile, Windows test object that you haven’t referred to in any Test Case, Test Listener, or Keyword.

Our projects implement BDD and Cucumber, based on the documentation and the sample. Therefore all our test objects are used only in step definitions and not “in any Test Case, Test Listener, or Keyword”. Thus when using the tool, it marks 100% of our test object as unused.

Could you please improve the feature and check the usage also on groovy files in Include > scripts > groovy ?

Thank you for your help

4 Likes

Hi,

Thank you for raising the request. Could you please help clarify the advantage of the request that you and other users can benefit from? As well, will this request support multiple other users? Thank you.

2 Likes

Yes me definitely :grin:

Hi,

The avantage of this request ? : By implementing this feature request, the existing feature provided by Katalon Studio Enterprise will cover a bigger scope of the codebase.

Will this request support multiple other users ? : Of course, for everyone using a BDD/Cucumber project.

Thank you

2 Likes

Hi,

Thank you all for letting me know. I will create ticket for this and keep you guys updated. Thank you!

2 Likes

Hi,

I would like to update you that this request will be operated in enhancement in Q1 2024. Thank you so much!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing the release timeline!!

Thank you @Elly_Tran that’s a great news !

Hi,

The plan for solving this issue will be delayed to 9.6.0, aimed at the end of May 2024.

1 Like

Hi

Sorry to here about this delay, but thank you for the update