Fail to start the Appium server in 60 seconds?

In mobile app testing, it displays my device but when start it shows an error like “Unable to start the application in this device: Fail to start the Appium server in 60 seconds”? Can anyone please post the solution?

2 Likes

Hello Vinh,

Is this issue resolved? I’m getting same error. Where is Appium.log file? Please let me know.

Thanks

Ali

1 Like

Hi,

I too face the same issue tried with all the possibilities, yet not resolved.

1 Like

Appium.log file is available in your project folder. Please your Appium Log Level to “Debug” (You can find this option in Windows > Katalon Studio Preferences > Katalon > Mobile), retry your execution and post its content here

Not sure if it’s the same issue but we use a combination of web and android test cases in one project. When enable video recording during execution is setup for the project it gives me the same errors as you are facing.

Try disabling this if you have a mixed project of web and mobile hope it helps.

Hi there,
Please set your Appium Log Level to “Debug” (You can find this option in Windows > Katalon Studio Preferences > Katalon > Mobile), then retry Mobile Object Spy and send me the appium.log file again for further investigation.
Thanks.

i face also this problem
KATALON unable to start appium server

1 Like

@Vinh Nguyen said:
Hi there,
Please set your Appium Log Level to “Debug” (You can find this option in Windows > Katalon Studio Preferences > Katalon > Mobile), then retry Mobile Object Spy and send me the appium.log file again for further investigation.
Thanks.

How to get the Appium log file. Even am also getting the same error in Windows machine while launching the Android application.

Unable to start application on this device: fail to start appium server in 60 seconds

image.png

1 Like

Hye,

I’m from an automation team from an organization that is currently using katalon for our automation project.
We are encountering as well.
Would appreciate if anybody from Katalon team would help to look into this issue and suggest some solution a.s.a.p.

1 Like

Nina Sharizan Bt. Zamshairi said:

Hye,

I’m from an automation team from an organization that is currently using katalon for our automation project.
We are encountering as well.
Would appreciate if anybody from Katalon team would help to look into this issue and suggest some solution a.s.a.p.

Have you tried item #3 on this page? https://docs.katalon.com/display/KD/Troubleshooting+automated+mobile+testing

1 Like

Hi All,

I face the same issue, after change Katalon preference from INFO to DEBUG, I found in log file that there something like below

e[36minfoe[39m: [debug] 1 device(s) connected
e[36minfoe[39m: Found device 9301de48
e[36minfoe[39m: [debug] Setting device id to 9301de48
e[36minfoe[39m: [debug] Waiting for device to be ready and to respond to shell commands (timeout = 5)
e[36minfoe[39m: [debug] executing cmd: C:\Users\nurhadi\.katalon\tools\android_sdk\platform-tools\adb.exe -s 9301de48 wait-for-device
e[36minfoe[39m: [debug] executing cmd: C:\Users\nurhadi\.katalon\tools\android_sdk\platform-tools\adb.exe -s 9301de48 shell “echo ‘ready’”
e[36minfoe[39m: [debug] Retrying restartAdb

It seems connected device is not respond back to Katalon, not sure why it’s happen, any solution or at least clue really much appreciated,

so far I already did
https://docs.katalon.com/display/KD/Troubleshooting+automated+mobile+testing as mentioned in no.3, but still failed.

Thanks,
Hadi

Can you share with me your full logs?

All katalon developer have hands originated from their ass

Try desconect to mobile, after conect to mobile - PC and active mode debugggin in the mobile, open Katalon and ready

What about this issue?
My appium.log file says:

e[35m[Appium]e[39m Welcome to Appium v1.8.1

e[35m[Appium]e[39m Non-default server args:

e[35m[Appium]e[39m port: 57080

e[35m[Appium]e[39m chromeDriverPort: 57083

e[35m[Appium]e[39m tmpDir: C:\Users\roinr\AppData\Local\Temp\\Katalon\Appium\Temp1527429239879

e[35m[Appium]e[39m Appium REST http interface listener started on 0.0.0.0:57080What should I do?

1 Like

Roi said:

What about this issue?
My appium.log file says:

e[35m[Appium]e[39m Welcome to Appium v1.8.1

e[35m[Appium]e[39m Non-default server args:

e[35m[Appium]e[39m port: 57080

e[35m[Appium]e[39m chromeDriverPort: 57083

e[35m[Appium]e[39m tmpDir: C:\Users\roinr\AppData\Local\Temp\\Katalon\Appium\Temp1527429239879

e[35m[Appium]e[39m Appium REST http interface listener started on 0.0.0.0:57080What should I do?

I also have the same log file, and it doesn’t get updated according to issues experienced.
Information given on https://docs.katalon.com/display/KD/Troubleshooting+automated+mobile+testing
is not helpful either…

1 Like

Unable to connect my device Android.tried all means

There is no way to make the appium work. I already try all the possibilities and I’m stuck without knowing what to do.

Hi @pablo.vidal,

Can you explain what issues you’re seeing? Have you checked out this post for some troubleshooting tips?

– Chris

Thanks Cris !, now it works correctly. I did not have the Appium server installed with the command line (npm install -g appium@1.8.1).

Greetings.

1 Like