Executing Katalon test suites in cross browser testing tool

Hello All,

I am trying to run my test suite in cross browser testing tool. I am working on Katalon studio 6.1.5
I can see two options to do this but none of the options are working for me.

1. To run the test suite by clicking Run–> Remote and then enter the remote web driver server URL (for cross browser testing tool) in the dialog box which pops up when you click Remote

The URL I am using here is :
http://“My-User-Name-found-from-cross-browser-tool”:“MyAuthKey-FoundInTheCrossbrowserTool”@hub.crossbrowsertesting.com:80/wd/hub

1.1 Question is how does it know about the other specification like Driver Name, os, os version etc.
1.2 Test suite fails with below error
c.k.k.core.webui.driver.DriverFactory - Connecting to remote web server ‘http://“My-User-Name-found-from-cross-browser-tool”:“MyAuthKey-FoundInTheCrossbrowserTool”@hub.crossbrowsertesting.com:80/wd/hub’ with type ‘Selenium’
INFO c.k.k.core.webui.driver.DriverFactory - Action delay is set to 3 seconds
ERROR c.k.k.core.keyword.internal.KeywordMain - :x: Unable to open browser (Root cause: com.kms.katalon.core.exception.StepFailedException: Unable to open browser
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIKeywordMain.stepFailed(WebUIKeywordMain.groovy:64)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIKeywordMain.runKeyword(WebUIKeywordMain.groovy:26)
Caused by: org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: Unable to parse remote response: Capabilities must specify either a browserName or browser_api_name so we know what browser to launch.
Build info: version: ‘3.7.1’, revision: ‘8a0099a’, time: ‘XXXXXXXXXXXXX’
System info: host: ‘XXXXXXXXX’, ip: ‘XXXXXXXX’, os.name: ‘Windows 10’, os.arch: ‘amd64’, os.version: ‘10.0’, java.version: ‘1.8.0_181’
Driver info: driver.version: CRemoteWebDriver
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.ProtocolHandshake.createSession(ProtocolHandshake.java:111)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.ProtocolHandshake.createSession(ProtocolHandshake.java:73)

1. To create custom capabilities Project–>settings–>Desired capabilities–> Custom–> Add
    (See attcahed images to view the settings)

image.png1051x620 32.9 KB

In this option I dont see anywhere the option of entering the cross browser testing tool URL ( the way I had to give in option 1 http://“My-User-Name-found-from-cross-browser-tool”:“MyAuthKey-FoundInTheCrossbrowserTool”@hub.crossbrowsertesting.com:80/wd/hub

when I run the test suite its actually not running in cross browser testing tool … Its getting executed as normal test suite execution ( I know, the URL for cross browser testing tool was not mentioned anywhere … but where should I do it?/)

P.S. Cross Browser Testing Tool is similar to Browserstack tool

Thanks in advance.

Hello this Andrew from Cross Browser Testing. After looking over you issues it appears to me that your capabilities may be configured incorrectly. You have an os as well as an os_version, these two should be combined into 1. Like so: os_version: Windows 10

I would also recommend looking over our Katalon documentation to get a better sense of how our services work with each other.
https://help.crossbrowsertesting.com/integrations/tutorials/katalon-studio/

Thank you,
Andrew

Thanks, Andrew.

I have followed the steps mentioned in the link provided by you. However, the documentation related to Katalon seems to be not up to date. When I click on Run --> Remote it only asks for the remote web driver URL and no other details at all.
There are no details about the os, browser, resolution etc. (this is only when I create custom capabilities where there is no way to mention the remote web driver remote URL.)
So I am blocked by either options.
Version used is 6.1.5

Regards
Rajeshri

To connect to our selenium hub you will take the URL with your credentials and add it to the text box where it says “Remote web server url”.

You can access this by going to:
Project --> Settings --> Desired Capabilities --> Web UI --> Remote

In this section you can also specify you configuration: OS, browser, version, test name, etc.

Then when you create a test you then set the commands that you would like them to run.

Thank you,
Andrew

Thanks, Andrew.
Followed your steps and its working now.