Error trying to write mobile automation

Hello everyone, good afternoon!

I am having a big problem, when I try to record the steps in the mobile application, it is giving error I do not know for what reason, could you help me?

follows error that is being generated.

Hi @Yan_Reis,

Can you confirm that you’re using Appium Server version 1.8.1 (or Appium Desktop 1.6.3)? You can check this by running on the command line:

appium -v

Here are some other troubleshooting tips that may be helpful:

– Chris

yes, it is in the last version of apium and last version of katalon

Hi @Yan_Reis,

You mentioned that you’re using the latest version of Katalon Studio, as well. Is that version 6.1.3? If it is, I don’t think the version of Katalon Studio is compatible with the version of Appium you have installed.

Here are some compatible versions:

Appium Server 1.8.1 and Katalon Studio 6.1.3

Appium Desktop 1.6.3 and Katalon Studio 6.1.3

Appium Server 1.8.2-beta and Katalon Studio 6.1.3

Appium Server 1.12.1 and Katalon Studio 6.2.0 beta

Hope this helps,

Chris

I installed the compatible version, so when I’m browsing the application, it gives the following message

1 Like

Hi @Yan_Reis,

You can try setting the appWaitActivity as mentioned in this post:

Hope this helps,

Chris

I already added “appWaitActivity” only that the app opens and after a short period it closes, I am using Vysor emulator, advise to use some other? What can it be that it’s closing?

Hi @Yan_Reis,

I haven’t worked with Vysor before, so I don’t know if it has any known issues. Are you able to install Android Studio and try installing an emulator through Android Studio instead?

– Chris

Good morning, Chris.

I am emulating on my particular device, I managed to solve the problem of recording the steps, but at the time of execution it is giving error I do not know what the problem, check me this new post, why will I close?

katalon studio stopped working after updating to 6.1.3
why it say is missed this file appium-uiautomator2-server-debug-androidTest.apk?