ERROR c.g.k.c.s.impl.WebSocketServiceImpl - Web socket connection closed due to BufferOverflow raised by Tyrus client. [It might be realated to @SetUp, @TearDown in Katalon]

ERROR c.g.k.c.s.impl.WebSocketServiceImpl - Web socket connection closed due to BufferOverflow raised by Tyrus client. This indicates the message about to be received is larger than the incoming buffer in Tyrus client. See DefaultWebSocketContainerFactory class source on how to increase the incoming buffer size in Tyrus or visit chrome-devtools-java-client/IncreasedIncomingBufferInTyrusExample.java at master · kklisura/chrome-devtools-java-client · GitHub

That’s the error that I see at the end of some WebUi test execution (not always) in KS. If that happens, the test itself never ends and the only way to stop it is to click on the red termination button. (I haven’t notice any pattern so far other that it all happens in Katalon Studio))

Why is this hapenning? What is Tyrus client and how is it used in Katalon? Why is the socket connection closed? How to fix it?

Some observations. It looks like the issue might be realated to @SetUp, @TearDown in Katalon

A) It DOES happen when there are some failures in my test with @SetUp

@SetUp
void setUp() {
WebUI.openBrowser(’’)
‘Delete all cookies after browser is opened’
WebUI.deleteAllCookies()
WebUI.maximizeWindow()
}

but without @TearDown

C) It DOES NOT happen when there are no failures IN THE SAME TEST as above

D) It DOES NOT happen when there are BOTH @SetUp (see above) AND @TearDown IN THE SAME TEST as above with the same failures:
@TearDown
void tearDown() {
WebUI.closeBrowser()
}

E) It DOES NOT happen when there are the same failures and there is NEITHER @SetUp (see above) NOR @TearDown (see above) IN THE SAME TEST as above with the same failures. [When the code from void setUp() is just placed at the befinning of the same test:

WebUI.openBrowser(’’)
‘Delete all cookies after browser is opened’
WebUI.deleteAllCookies()
WebUI.maximizeWindow()

]

Hi @kazurayam @ThanhTo and all who can help. Could you please look or have someone to look into this? Thanks!

What is c.g.k.c.s.impl.WebSocketServiceImpl? — it is com.github.kklisura.cdt.services.impl.WebSocketServiceImpl

This class is perhaps introduced into your Katalon Studio installation by adding the Chrome DevTools Protocol Integration plugin.

@gdearest07

Do you have the plugin installed? If yes, just uninstall it.

@gdearest07

Do you want to keep the plugin installed AND stop the "ERROR c.g.k.c.s.impl.WebSocketServiceImpl - Web socket connection closed due to BufferOverflow raised by Tyrus client. " error?

Then you should just follow the message:

See DefaultWebSocketContainerFactory class source on how to increase the incoming buffer size in Tyrus or visit https://github.com/kklisura/chrome-devtools-java-client/blob/master/cdt-examples/src/main/java/com/github/kklisura/cdt/examples/IncreasedIncomingBufferInTyrusExample.java "

The sample code has a few lines:

static {
    // Set the incoming buffer to 24MB
    System.setProperty(
        DefaultWebSocketContainerFactory.WEBSOCKET_INCOMING_BUFFER_PROPERTY,
        Long.toString((long) DefaultWebSocketContainerFactory.MB * 24));
  }

You just want to do the same somewhere in your project.

Thank you for your reply @kazurayam I haven’t added that plugin.

I found the jar is budled in Katalon Stuido v8.1.0

In the Release Notes of v8.0.5
I found the following:

This implies that the Plugin is pre-installed.
It is used when you opt on the “Time Capsule” feature.

Do you use “Time Capsule” feature when you experienced the ERROR? Try opt off and see if the ERROR still occurs.

If you want to use the “Time Capsule” feature, then you should follow the message

See DefaultWebSocketContainerFactory class source on how to increase the incoming buffer size in Tyrus or visit https://github.com/kklisura/chrome-devtools-java-client/blob/master/cdt-examples/src/main/java/com/github/kklisura/cdt/examples/IncreasedIncomingBufferInTyrusExample.java "

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your reply @kazurayam! It looks like you are the only person who is trying to help. I’ve checked my setting and it looks that “Time Capsule” feature is not enabled:

I’ve written “looks like” cause now I remember seeing some messages about “Time Capsule”, which might mean that the feature is not disabled even though it’s not shown as enabled.

As for using the “Time Capsule” feature, when I learnt about it I was trying to use it (cause it sounded like a really great feature) but it didn’t seem to be working (please see my comment at https://docs.katalon.com/katalon-studio/docs/time-capsule.html) :

The comment was ignored and not addressed (as it happens quite often). So, I’m just wondering how the customers who are PAYING for KSE and KRE real money can get REAL support from KATALON when it’s needed?

Could you show us any proof that tells “Time Capsule” is not disabled even though you set it up disabled? Log, screenshot?

The Katalon Forum is volunteer-based. I suppose that the Katalon Support team is not committed to reply to the comments on this URL.

If you are paying for KSE and KRE, you should create a ticket at Katalon Help Center.

You have a misperception. You have the Time Capsule option is enabled. The dialog showed “Default Time Capsule — Enable”. This means in fact the Time Capsule option is in the status Enabled = true.

I am afraid that the dialog is badly designed, or in poor English. See my recent post:

2 Likes

Again, thanks a lot for your help @kazurayam! Please don’t get me wrong. As I wrote before, I do apreciate all the help I got here, especially, yours. On the other hand, that comment was put in the kind of official Katalon topic (https://docs.katalon.com/katalon-studio/docs/time-capsule.html) that just happened to be linked to the forum. Still, no reaction, no responce. Is this good?

I don’t know how the Katalon Support team works as I’m not a Katalon insider.

@ThanhTo, @duyluong

Do you accept that you Katalon staff is committed to reply to the post at https://docs.katalon.com/katalon-studio/docs/time-capsule.html ?
— Please reply to this question clearly. Yes or No, Да или Нет, Ja oder Nein, はい または いいえ. An ambiguous reply would leave users confused. No reply would be worse.

You two (@ThanhTo, @duyluong) are present here just as a volunteer? or as the responsible representatives from the Katalon plc?

Do you Katalon plc have somebody appointed as his/her job responsibility to watch the forum topics, nor none?

1 Like

Yes, Да, Ja, Sí, Oui, はい , 是的, Ita ))

I addressed my question to @ThanhTo and @duyluong, not to you @gdearest07. :wink:

Hi @kazurayam and @gdearest07

What Kazurayam has said above is correct, the forum support is voluntary and pretty much relies on our community users to help each other. There is no a specific person in the Katalon team to be accountable for providing support on Forum. As a KSE and KRE user, you can support a Zendesk ticket for better support as we have dedicated people there.

@gdearest07 Regarding your issue with Time Capsule, could you please submit a bug report with enough information for reproduction and troubleshooting?

Jass

P/S: @kazurayam as a Katalon product builder :wink:, I’m appreciative of your contribution to our Forum. You’re doing a marverlous job. All the best to you!

I think we have discussed enough