Error : another element obscures it

Hi,

I encountered this error when i scroll with my mouse :

08-10-2019 11:36:48 AM Test Cases/TC_Principale

Elapsed time: 1m - 32,508s

Test Cases/TC_Principale FAILED.
Reason:
org.openqa.selenium.ElementClickInterceptedException: Element <a class="pj-lb pj-link" href="#"> **is not clickable** at point (595,117) because another element <a class="select-styled pj-link" href="javascript:"> **obscures it**
Build info: version: '3.141.59', revision: 'e82be7d358', time: '2018-11-14T08:25:53'
System info: host: 'MSI', ip: '192.168.56.1', os.name: 'Windows 10', os.arch: 'amd64', os.version: '10.0', java.version: '1.8.0_181'
Driver info: com.kms.katalon.core.webui.driver.firefox.CGeckoDriver
Capabilities {acceptInsecureCerts: true, browserName: firefox, browserVersion: 68.0.1, javascriptEnabled: true, moz:accessibilityChecks: false, moz:buildID: 20190717172542, moz:geckodriverVersion: 0.24.0, moz:headless: false, moz:processID: 16536, moz:profile: C:\Users\33695\AppData\Loca..., moz:shutdownTimeout: 60000, moz:useNonSpecCompliantPointerOrigin: false, moz:webdriverClick: true, pageLoadStrategy: normal, platform: WINDOWS, platformName: WINDOWS, platformVersion: 10.0, proxy: Proxy(direct), rotatable: false, setWindowRect: true, strictFileInteractability: false, timeouts: {implicit: 0, pageLoad: 300000, script: 30000}, unhandledPromptBehavior: dismiss and notify}
Session ID: 305a6062-897a-42d6-a230-0bc3d744c1ce

I have the impression that if I scroll with the mouse the element is not detected…

what do the experts say ?

Strange, it looks like one of the links on the page overlaps another link during rendering (or maybe even after the page is fully rendered?)

There are two approaches that I can think of:

1.) Use WebUI.waitForElementClickable() prior to scrolling.
2.) Use WebUI.executeJavaScript() to do the scrolling.

Can you share the test code snippet where the issue occurs?

I mean that Katalon is not able to do the next action (for example click on button on the down page) if i move with my mouse during execution

You should avoid doing anything on the browser that Katalon generates during execution, yes.

2 Likes

I am having the same issue but with a checkbox. So, front hides the checkbox and puts a ::before to look better but when I try to click on this one opens the terms and conditions pdf because of the link on this div. Any suggestions?? I tried to hide this label with js and show the other input but no luck…

@mperrullo This topic already has a solution. You should post a new topic/thread with more information since your problem looks quite different.