Unable to click on object

Test Cases/TC_01 FAILED.

Reason:

com.kms.katalon.core.exception.StepFailedException: Unable to click on object ‘Object Repository/Page_Prodea Management Interface/a_INVENTORY’ (Root cause: org.openqa.selenium.ElementClickInterceptedException: Element <a href="#"> is not clickable at point (96.5,218.08333587646484) because another element <div id="overlay" class="transparent"> obscures it

Build info: version: ‘3.7.1’, revision: ‘8a0099a’, time: ‘2017-11-06T21:07:36.161Z’

Kindly assist in fixing the above mention error ie unable to click on object.

There is another element on top of the element you want to click. From the error message (id=‘overlay’), I think it is some kind of progressing element show up when the system doing something.

There are some solution for it. The quick option is using WebUI.delay()
While you can manage it using fluentwait method:

• Perform the action
  • Wait for this ‘overlay’ element show up
  • Wait for this ‘overlay’ element disappear
  • Perform the click action.
1 Like

Since Katalon (and the underlying Selenium) simulate a physical click, it makes sense that you’re getting this error, as @Brian_Ducson has pointed out. There’s an element on top of your target element that would receive the click instead.

Another option is to use JavaScript to click the element. With this approach, you’re not simulating a physical click, and you can click on any element regardless of how the page is rendered. Give this a read:

Where we have overlays, we have had to add a wait for something on the overlay to be not present before going on to test objects on the background page.

1 Like

This is also how I handle this. I create an object called ‘LoadingOverlay’. Then I use wait for element not present before executing the click on the element behind it.

2 Likes