How to resolve the issue "Element not clickable at point (x, y). Other element would receive

Hi,

Getting error as "Element … is not clickable at point (244, 356). Other element would receive the click: "

I have tried using Delay, but still not helping. I have also used Click using Javascript but it doesn’t click on the required button and further show the results as Passed.

Basically i want to upload the file on click of Browse button. I have tried the Upload feature of Katalon Studio, but still no success…It gives error as Element could not focus

Not getting any further solution, Kindly assist!

1 Like

Hi Girish, I have had this problem before, it could be one of two things:

#1- The button can not be clicked unless it is in view.
To solve this you may need to scroll the page down, there should be commands for that, but I did this previously in Robot Framework so I am not familiar with how to do this in Katalon yet.

#2- A pop up is preventing the the button from being clicked.
This option is probably more likely. Some buttons have an issue when notification bars or buttons are still active. Try closing any cookie notifications or non necessary toolbars within the browser before running the action that is causing the error.
If doing that solves the problem, then it may be worth adding the close actions to the test set up script.

Hope that helps!

Hi, I am also getting the same error. I already tried scroll to element but it does’t fix it. Also, there’s no element that obscure it. My browser window is also maximized.

Here is the error message:

Unable to click on object ‘Object Repository/button_RMS_Dispatch_RouteLevel_Dispatch_Clear Form’ (Root cause: com.kms.katalon.core.exception.StepFailedException: Unable to click on object ‘Object Repository/button_RMS_Dispatch_RouteLevel_Dispatch_Clear Form’
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIKeywordMain.stepFailed(WebUIKeywordMain.groovy:64)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIKeywordMain.runKeyword(WebUIKeywordMain.groovy:26)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.ClickKeyword.click(ClickKeyword.groovy:86)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.ClickKeyword.execute(ClickKeyword.groovy:67)
at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.internal.KeywordExecutor.executeKeywordForPlatform(KeywordExecutor.groovy:56)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords.click(WebUiBuiltInKeywords.groovy:616)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords$click$3.call(Unknown Source)
at Route_Dispatch_DispatchInformation_ClearForm.run(Route_Dispatch_DispatchInformation_ClearForm:44)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.run(ScriptEngine.java:194)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.runScriptAsRawText(ScriptEngine.java:119)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.runScript(TestCaseExecutor.java:337)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.doExecute(TestCaseExecutor.java:328)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.processExecutionPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:307)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.accessMainPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:299)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.execute(TestCaseExecutor.java:233)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestSuiteExecutor.accessTestCaseMainPhase(TestSuiteExecutor.java:133)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestSuiteExecutor.accessTestSuiteMainPhase(TestSuiteExecutor.java:116)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestSuiteExecutor.execute(TestSuiteExecutor.java:83)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.startTestSuite(TestCaseMain.java:157)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain$startTestSuite$0.call(Unknown Source)
at TempTestSuite1561012426864.run(TempTestSuite1561012426864.groovy:35)
Caused by: org.openqa.selenium.ElementClickInterceptedException: element click intercepted: Element is not clickable at point (486, 693)
(Session info: headless chrome=75.0.3770.100)
Build info: version: ‘3.141.59’, revision: ‘e82be7d358’, time: ‘2018-11-14T08:25:53’
System info: host: ‘ANA’, ip: ‘192.168.56.123’, os.name: ‘Windows 10’, os.arch: ‘amd64’, os.version: ‘10.0’, java.version: ‘1.8.0_181’
Driver info: com.kms.katalon.selenium.driver.CChromeDriver
Capabilities {acceptInsecureCerts: false, browserName: chrome, browserVersion: 75.0.3770.100, chrome: {chromedriverVersion: 75.0.3770.90 (a6dcaf7e3ec6f…, userDataDir: C:\Users\ANA~1\AppData\L…}, goog:chromeOptions: {debuggerAddress: localhost:64936}, javascriptEnabled: true, networkConnectionEnabled: false, pageLoadStrategy: normal, platform: XP, platformName: XP, proxy: Proxy(), setWindowRect: true, strictFileInteractability: false, timeouts: {implicit: 0, pageLoad: 300000, script: 30000}, unhandledPromptBehavior: dismiss and notify}
Session ID: 88733a4ebd46a32a99f85c5e7e440aeb
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.http.W3CHttpResponseCodec.createException(W3CHttpResponseCodec.java:187)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.http.W3CHttpResponseCodec.decode(W3CHttpResponseCodec.java:122)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.http.W3CHttpResponseCodec.decode(W3CHttpResponseCodec.java:49)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.HttpCommandExecutor.execute(HttpCommandExecutor.java:158)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.service.DriverCommandExecutor.execute(DriverCommandExecutor.java:83)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.execute(RemoteWebDriver.java:552)
at com.kms.katalon.selenium.driver.CChromeDriver.execute(CChromeDriver.java:20)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebElement.execute(RemoteWebElement.java:285)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebElement.click(RemoteWebElement.java:84)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.ClickKeyword$_click_closure1.doCall(ClickKeyword.groovy:79)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.ClickKeyword$_click_closure1.call(ClickKeyword.groovy)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIKeywordMain.runKeyword(WebUIKeywordMain.groovy:20)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.ClickKeyword.click(ClickKeyword.groovy:86)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.ClickKeyword.execute(ClickKeyword.groovy:67)
at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.internal.KeywordExecutor.executeKeywordForPlatform(KeywordExecutor.groovy:56)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords.click(WebUiBuiltInKeywords.groovy:616)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords$click$3.call(Unknown Source)
at Script1558687897096.run(Script1558687897096.groovy:44)
… 13 more
)

See #4

It didn’t work for me. I observe the test execution and it didn’t click the link.

WebElement element = WebUiCommonHelper.findWebElement(findTestObject(‘Object Repository/a_Trailer Tracking Summary’), 30)

WebUI.executeJavaScript(‘arguments[0].click’, Arrays.asList(element))

What is the error message ?

There’s no error message. The step next to it is not found since the link was not clicked in the first place.
Here’s the complete script:

import static com.kms.katalon.core.checkpoint.CheckpointFactory.findCheckpoint
import static com.kms.katalon.core.testcase.TestCaseFactory.findTestCase
import static com.kms.katalon.core.testdata.TestDataFactory.findTestData
import static com.kms.katalon.core.testobject.ObjectRepository.findTestObject
import com.kms.katalon.core.checkpoint.Checkpoint as Checkpoint
import com.kms.katalon.core.cucumber.keyword.CucumberBuiltinKeywords as CucumberKW
import com.kms.katalon.core.mobile.keyword.MobileBuiltInKeywords as Mobile
import com.kms.katalon.core.model.FailureHandling as FailureHandling
import com.kms.katalon.core.testcase.TestCase as TestCase
import com.kms.katalon.core.testdata.TestData as TestData
import com.kms.katalon.core.testobject.TestObject as TestObject
import com.kms.katalon.core.webservice.keyword.WSBuiltInKeywords as WS
import com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords as WebUI
import internal.GlobalVariable as GlobalVariable
import com.kms.katalon.core.webui.common.WebUiCommonHelper as WebUiCommonHelper
import org.openqa.selenium.WebElement as WebElement

WebUI.openBrowser(‘’)

WebUI.navigateToUrl(‘xxx’)

WebUI.setText(findTestObject(‘Object Repository/input_Login_Username_ctl00bodyuserName’), ‘xxx’)

WebUI.setEncryptedText(findTestObject(‘Object Repository/input_Login_Password_ctl00bodypassword’), ‘xo4fV93gGQY=’)

WebUI.click(findTestObject(‘Object Repository/button_Login’))

WebUI.click(findTestObject(‘Object Repository/button_Launchpad_Route Management’))

WebUI.click(findTestObject(‘Object Repository/a_RMS_Reports’))

WebUI.navigateToUrl(‘xxx’)

WebElement element = WebUiCommonHelper.findWebElement(findTestObject(‘Object Repository/a_Trailer Tracking Summary’), 30)

WebUI.executeJavaScript(‘arguments[0].click’, Arrays.asList(element))
Log Viewer: 06-20-2019 03:38:55 PM executeJavaScript(“arguments[0].click”, Arrays.asList(element))

Elapsed time: 0.026s

Execute JavaScript ‘arguments[0].click’ successfully

WebUI.click(findTestObject(‘Object Repository/h1_RMS_Reports_Trailer_PIMM TrailerTracking Summary’))<–can’t proceed to this step

WebUI.closeBrowser()

Hi @HeleneB ,

I tried to run it in Web Recorder and there’s an error:

2019-06-20 15:58:27.189 INFO c.k.k.core.main.WSVerificationExecutor - --------------------
2019-06-20 15:58:27.191 INFO c.k.k.core.main.WSVerificationExecutor - START Verification
2019-06-20 15:58:27.507 ERROR c.k.k.core.main.WSVerificationExecutor - ? Verification FAILED.
Reason:
org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed:
WSVerification1561017507309: 33: unable to resolve class WebElement
@ line 33, column 12.
^

1 error

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.getScript(ScriptEngine.java:199)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.run(ScriptEngine.java:194)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.runScriptAsRawText(ScriptEngine.java:119)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.WSVerificationExecutor.runScript(WSVerificationExecutor.java:146)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.WSVerificationExecutor.doExecute(WSVerificationExecutor.java:140)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.WSVerificationExecutor.processExecutionPhase(WSVerificationExecutor.java:123)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.WSVerificationExecutor.accessMainPhase(WSVerificationExecutor.java:115)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.WSVerificationExecutor.execute(WSVerificationExecutor.java:103)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.runWSVerificationScript(TestCaseMain.java:127)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain$runWSVerificationScript$0.call(Unknown Source)
at TempTestCase1561017505982.run(TempTestCase1561017505982.groovy:21)

2019-06-20 15:58:27.521 INFO c.k.k.core.main.WSVerificationExecutor - END Verification

You already have the import in your script, so it’s not the error on ‘normal’ run.
Did you try add a step waitForElementPresent / waitForElementClickable or waitForElementVisible before the click ?

I already tried that step but still the same error.

Hi, I already resolved this. “()” is just missing.

This is the correct one:

WebElement element = WebUiCommonHelper.findWebElement(findTestObject('your/object'),30)
WebUI.executeJavaScript("arguments[0].click()", Arrays.asList(element))
2 Likes