Email at end of test suite execution not working as expected

Katalon Studio Version: 5.4.1 Build 1

Environment (for Web testing)

Browser Chrome 66 (not really relevant)

Steps to reproduce -

Note: I changed hostnames to example.com and email addresses to usern, for the screen shots, I used real internal email addresses and mail servers.

configure email addresses in project settings and test scenario (see screen shots)

Expected Behavior -

either:

1. email is sent to only user4@example.com and user5@example.com
  2. or email is sent to user4@example.com and user5@example.com as well as user1@example.com and user2@example.com all in the to field and user3@example.com

Actual Behavior -

email is sent to only user1@example.com and user2@example.com

user3, user4 & user5 do not receive the email

Screenshots / Videos

K_Emal_1

K_Emal_2

K_Email_2.png

K_Email_1.png

1 Like

Hi dave,
I tried to reproduce but it’s failed. Are you still having this issue?

My colleague and I have tried many combinations but the only one field that seems to work is the Recipients field on the project settings screen, the other fields seem to be ignored or don’t work. we also tried under 5.3.1 as well with the same results, we had actually hoped that 5.4 would resolve this issue.

Do you know if there is any logs we can check to see what is happening?

I think I found the cause of the cc not working as expected:

Open email settings and set up as follows:

then click OK. then reopen the project settings to the email screen and you get this:

Note user2@example.org has disappeared and user3@example.org has moved from bcc to cc, this might explain why the email address we but in cc was not getting the emails and seemed to be missing when we checked the dialogue later.

with further testing the email address placed in bcc does get the email as a cc recipient.

Still doesn’t explain why the recipients list from the test suite isn’t working.

K_Email_b4.png

K_Email_aftr.png

Ok did some more investigation…

The mail recipients list on the test suite works when testsuite is executed from the Katalon GUI but not when the test suite is run on the command line (runMode=console)

I called katalon.exe with these options:

-noSplash  -runMode=console -consoleLog %exit% -projectPath=%projectlocal% -retry=0 -testSuitePath=%katalonTSP% -executionProfile=%katalonProfile% -browserType=%katalonBrowser%

So I guess i’ve identified 2 seperate bugs:

1. BCC field overwrites CC field in project settings (see above) so if bcc is empty, cc gets wiped out
  2. mail recipients list on the test suite not working in console mode
3 Likes

Hi dave,
I’m just reproduced and got the same problem with you. I’ve logged this one into our backlog and will be fixed in the next release.
Thanks for choosing Katalon,

2 Likes

Thanks Alice

1 Like

its fixed or still under development ?

Im facing this issues in katalon v 6.3.3 as well :frowning:

Looks like this issue is present in 7.0.10 as well.

I’m facing same issue.
This problem happens if setting multiple addresses in CC field.

version 7.2.1

Hi there,

I am having the same issue. I am unable to enter a CC email.

Version 7.4.0

Hi @brechtremy03,
Can you share a screenshot of your issue?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.