Dynamics 365 support

Does anyone know if Katalon will work with Dynamics 365?

What are you trying to do with it? I mean are you trying to test 365? Are you trying to get reports sent? What is your goal.

There will be a wide range of what needs to be tested, but Im fairly new to 365, so I dont know the full extent yet.

Right now this is what I would like to do:

Create/Complete Sales and Purchase orders
Validate data (in sales/purchase orders)
Validate newly created forms, ie enter in data & validate fields
Eventually I would also like it to send reports

As far as running kalatons scripts, I’m sure you could force it through methods to interact with an application but mostly it seems to based upon web testing. If dynamics has a web portal you shouldn’t have much problems with. I’ve never used dynamics before though.

Hey @Shaun_Pais Did you go through testing dynamic 365 using Katalon? I am looking into using Katalon in dynamics as well.

Hi @poonampahari

Sorry for the late reply

I’ve managed to do a basic test of logging in, but thats been about it.

I have a feeling it will work fine as Dynamics is web based, I just havent had a lot of time to put into doing much automation, as Im focused on learning Dynamics.

@Shaun_Pais I am using Katalon and I am unable to locate the input field in the form. Every time it states Xpath is null. I have also tried by manually updating the XPath for the object but still, I am unable to type in the field. Could you let me know if it the same for you.