Can we employ Katalon for Automating Dynamic CRM based Applications?

Can we use Katalon to automate CRM based Applications? I know it’s as similar as using Selenium but just what Katalon team would suggest? Do you think it’s good solution for Dynamic CRM?

Katalon Studio can automate any part of a web page if it is based on HTML and all the elements required for your automation test are based on HTML.

The non-HTML components of a web page cannot be accessed by the way. You might want to import Sikuli library into Katalon Studio for image based testing.

Hello,

I’ve tried using Spy/Record to get the elements on the page. When when I try to run the recording, it fails with this error message:

Test Cases/Log in CRM FAILED.
Reason:
com.kms.katalon.core.exception.StepFailedException: Unable to click on object 'Object Repository/OR_Log in CRM/Page_Accounts Active Accounts - Mic/img_Search for records_crmGrid' (Root cause: org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: unknown error: Element <iframe frameborder="0" id="contentIFrame1" name="contentIFrame1" title="Content Area" style="border: 0px none; overflow: hidden; position: absolute; left: 0px; right: 0px; height: 100%; width: 100%; visibility: visible;" cd_frame_id_="6f261c8f936d7b98ad9f43a05d3a2c2a"></iframe> is not clickable at point (982, 163). Other element would receive the click: <div class="navBarOverlay" id="navBarOverlay" style="display: block;"></div>
  (Session info: chrome=73.0.3683.86)
  (Driver info: chromedriver=2.43.600210 (68dcf5eebde37173d4027fa8635e332711d2874a),platform=Windows NT 6.1.7601 SP1 x86_64) (WARNING: The server did not provide any stacktrace information)
Command duration or timeout: 0 milliseconds
Build info: version: '3.7.1', revision: '8a0099a', time: '2017-11-06T21:07:36.161Z'
System info: host: ',', os.name: 'Windows 7', os.arch: 'amd64', os.version: '6.1', java.version: '1.8.0_181'
Driver info: com.kms.katalon.selenium.driver.CChromeDriver
Capabilities {acceptInsecureCerts: false, acceptSslCerts: false, applicationCacheEnabled: false, browserConnectionEnabled: false, browserName: chrome, chrome: {chromedriverVersion: 2.43.600210 (68dcf5eebde371..., userDataDir: C:\Users\WANGHO~1\AppData\L...}, cssSelectorsEnabled: true, databaseEnabled: false, goog:chromeOptions: {debuggerAddress: localhost:49647}, handlesAlerts: true, hasTouchScreen: false, javascriptEnabled: true, locationContextEnabled: true, mobileEmulationEnabled: false, nativeEvents: true, networkConnectionEnabled: false, pageLoadStrategy: normal, platform: XP, platformName: XP, rotatable: false, setWindowRect: true, takesHeapSnapshot: true, takesScreenshot: true, unexpectedAlertBehaviour: , unhandledPromptBehavior: , version: 73.0.3683.86, webStorageEnabled: true}
Session ID: eaa33bea19d8ec32fbfcf20f3bb2d805)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.internal.KeywordMain.stepFailed(KeywordMain.groovy:36)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIKeywordMain.stepFailed(WebUIKeywordMain.groovy:65)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIKeywordMain.runKeyword(WebUIKeywordMain.groovy:27)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.ClickKeyword.click(ClickKeyword.groovy:86)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.ClickKeyword.execute(ClickKeyword.groovy:67)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.internal.KeywordExecutor.executeKeywordForPlatform(KeywordExecutor.groovy:53)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords.click(WebUiBuiltInKeywords.groovy:616)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords$click$3.call(Unknown Source)
	at Log in CRM.run(Log in CRM:40)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.run(ScriptEngine.java:194)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.runScriptAsRawText(ScriptEngine.java:119)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.runScript(TestCaseExecutor.java:328)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.doExecute(TestCaseExecutor.java:319)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.processExecutionPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:298)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.accessMainPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:290)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.execute(TestCaseExecutor.java:224)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.runTestCase(TestCaseMain.java:106)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.runTestCase(TestCaseMain.java:97)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain$runTestCase$0.call(Unknown Source)
	at TempTestCase1553876811850.run(TempTestCase1553876811850.groovy:22)

It says other element could be clicked but I have no way of inspecting the elements on CRM. It simply won’t allow me to check element by element.

What i’m trying to reproduce is click on the Magnifying glass to search. It’s at that step that it fails.

This is the attributes of the element that was Spied / Recorded on

I imported the Sikuli library into Katalon to see if something would change, but to no avail.

Any help would be appreaciated.